AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: How does one become a mod?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
What are the duties of a mod?

Do they have set times they have to be on "duty"?

Enlighten me.

ShadowKid

Good question

Err

Mods are hand selected by Zenith and myself. If we think a player has exhibited the traits that would make a good mod and we want to add a mod, we mail the player and ask them if they would be interested. If they are then they are a mod.

As far as their duties they just need to keep an eye on the forums and make sure posts don't get too out of control. They get nothing in return other than grief from other players for modding their posts.

Zenith and I are very grateful to the mods who take on this thankless job.
General rule of thumb for me is if a post makes me wince, it probably needs and edit. There is not a specific outline of what Mods can or can't do. It is more common sense than anything else. I tend to like the drama more than most so if I lock a thread there is usually a good reason. I usually contact the person who started the thread before I do it unless it is really out of hand. So to answer your question Phis, I shoot from the hip and wing it. I skipped the Mod101 class.
I think I would make a good mod. What say you?
I concur

TheMace

PhisheVA Wrote:I think I would make a good mod. What say you?

I second this motion!
I think every big active gang should have a mod in it to keeps silly posting by gangmates at bay. Heck, somes gangs even need 2!
Maybe if more players come and the mods need more help Zen and Err will let you test out being a mod for a day and if you like then their you go.

Quote:I think every big active gang should have a mod in it to keeps silly posting by gangmates at bay. Heck, somes gangs even need 2!

Two in particular need 3.
i believe shadowkid would be an excellent addition to the moderation team
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Reference URL's