AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: Analysis of Stagnating Gangs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

DOrigin

This is an informal thesis, but I hope this can help players out. If I need any corrections, please inform me.

Listen up, guys. I've been looking at the many 10-15 slot gangs and I've figured out why they just stay like that. It's due to something that I would like to call Gang Stagflation Disorder (GSD). GSD is characterized in the stagnation of gangs and a halt to their progress.

This caused by two things:

1. Fast-paced and progressively more expensive expansion that is eventually unable to sustain itself.
2. A resulting gang-localized recession causes the depreciation of gang points and funds. Gang recruitment for the gang also lowers, causing the power of the gang itself to depreciate.

In my opinion, the only way to move past this is a slow and steady accumulation of power. One known example is Valhalla. It was the sister gang of 499ers, but it has been slowly accruing power. Now, it is the one of the most powerful gangs in the game. It was able to move past the GSD stage of 10-15 slot gangs through development that is only possible through:

1. Strong and active members
2. A charismatic leader who has the drive for the gang to get stronger, but is wise about doing so.
3. Organization

We need these three things in order to move past the GSD stage of the game. I urge you to better yourselves and to keep the spirit of progress alive.

mudpies

don't forget about how expensive it gets to upgrade gangs into the high teens and twenties.
DOrigin Wrote:One known example is Valhalla. A few months ago, it was just a nothing-special 10-15 slot gang that would probably succumb to GSD and disappear

Wrong.

mudpies

w00k Wrote:
DOrigin Wrote:One known example is Valhalla. A few months ago, it was just a nothing-special 10-15 slot gang that would probably succumb to GSD and disappear

Wrong.

Thank you, I was biting my tongue on that one.

Marlo

DOrigin Wrote:In my opinion, the only way to move past this is a slow and steady accumulation of power.

100% correct. A strong base and the group desire to grow stronger, coupled with a little extra income is the only way to get your gang moving.

DOrigin Wrote:One known example is Valhalla.

They've owned AL since their inception.
I think the cost of raisning the gangs is the biggest reason. If you desire to be a "super gang" then a ton of money is needed. Not everyone has the ability to stay online here for 18+ hours. to commit at least 4 crimes an hour to raise large amounts of cash and if you dont/cant/wont do that your gang will take a very long time to grow.

The other way to raise money is to donate large sums of RL money. if you cant/dont/wont do that either then you will see gangs that stop growing after 10-12 members or if they dont stop growing they will grow slowly.

It used to be that after 7-8 members most gangs just started a sister gang. now it is more beneficial to have more members so you are seeing the ones that can afford to expand their gansg expand them and the ones that can't are not expanding.

ArtVandelay

Confirm'd/Decimation/Valhalla:

Doesn't matter what you call the gang, its been owning fools since the inception of time.

mudpies

ArtVandelay Wrote:498ers/Confirm'd/Decimation/Valhalla:

Doesn't matter what you call the gang, its been owning fools since the inception of time.

Fixed.
ArtVandelay Wrote:Confirm'd/Decimation/Valhalla:

word
[Image: 51945WYT9NL._SL500_AA240_.jpg]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Reference URL's