AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: Analysis of Stagnating Gangs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

delpot

Jolabent Wrote:
McCule Wrote:Forgive my unrealistic 20,000 figure. If 1456 people are active and 800 people are active on a daily basis, all the present 13 member-and-up gangs have a total of 243 people. That leaves 557 daily active players NOT in that big of a gang that would probably want their gang to be bigger if they could do it...

no offense.... but this comes from one of the top gangs...... think about this:

for example:

Valhalla has people who can take me out easily.... I was the top gang member of my gang..... if you declare war say every 2 hours just when you get into fair.....what can I do as a leader of my gang if I am constantly in the hospital in gang battle. Doesn't matter that my gang has 10/12 online at once constantly if you are constantly being hospitalized in war and constantly being farmed for your organized crimes/gang points. If you don't have the high level 30+ members you are not strong enough at all to defend yourself. As fast as I would repair my hideout, war comes again..... and if you get help from another gang? Well you get hospitalized for 24 hours for asking for help. It is a no-win situation. Big gangs are refusing to let smaller gangs build up their defenses to become one of the larger gangs.

Gang wars are just feed on any gang you can to get bigger and the weak/small stay that way. Please don't tell me it is any different. No new gang is allowed to get stronger at all.

so what you basically are doing is kindly asking us to stop dominating?

not gonna happen.

ShadowKid

delpot Wrote:
Jolabent Wrote:
McCule Wrote:Forgive my unrealistic 20,000 figure. If 1456 people are active and 800 people are active on a daily basis, all the present 13 member-and-up gangs have a total of 243 people. That leaves 557 daily active players NOT in that big of a gang that would probably want their gang to be bigger if they could do it...

for example:

Valhalla has people who can take me out easily.... I was the top gang member of my gang..... if you declare war say every 2 hours just when you get into fair.....what can I do as a leader of my gang if I am constantly in the hospital in gang battle. Doesn't matter that my gang has 10/12 online at once constantly if you are constantly being hospitalized in war and constantly being farmed for your organized crimes/gang points. If you don't have the high level 30+ members you are not strong enough at all to defend yourself. As fast as I would repair my hideout, war comes again..... and if you get help from another gang? Well you get hospitalized for 24 hours for asking for help. It is a no-win situation. Big gangs are refusing to let smaller gangs build up their defenses to become one of the larger gangs.

Gang wars are just feed on any gang you can to get bigger and the weak/small stay that way. Please don't tell me it is any different. No new gang is allowed to get stronger at all.

so what you basically are doing is kindly asking us to stop dominating?

not gonna happen.

dominate right keep telling yourself that Mr. Delpot i still think SV were and still are the most Dominant Force in AL jesus if they could cope with Pest then they cancope with anyone.

mrbadmood

'There is unrest in the forest,
There is trouble with the trees,
For the maples want more sunlight
And the oaks ignore their pleas. . .'

8)

ShadowKid

why arnt u in a bad mood MRBADMOOD 8)

mrbadmood

ShadowKid Wrote:why arnt u in a bad mood MRBADMOOD 8)

My gang gets warred on and farmed the same as everyone else's. Aggravating? Sure. But then I remind myself that this really is only a game after all.

That said, I've been watching this thread for a while and thinking about the relative stagnation in my own gang, and my inability to move it forward. Even the least expensive gang point purchases are way out of my reach, at least for now.

That's what remiinded me of that old Rush tune: reflecting on the consequences of a remedy for the ills of those of us on the bottom. I'm not sure what to do about my plight other than struggle on, but I do not doubt the solution will involve a knife that cuts both ways, and I'm hesitant to advance an argument that may ultimately impede my own future progress in this game.
I think people who want to do something with their gang and progress gets too sentimental.

A few helpful advices:

1: Powerful players come and go all the time, depending on the number of people breaking away from the rest, some might consider joining a gang that doesn't have too many of their targets in it.

2: Work hard with your gang members to increase size, or find some other gang to join that will. Having members in the gang that simply won't help out making it grow is simply not gonna do it.

3: If you want to do gang hideout warring, you better find people who are willing to do it in your pace. There no point in having those that hates hideout warring, since it just creates bad mood when you have to nag on them to reach a certain amount of hits.

4: When bigger gangs attack you, try to ask for no PVP during the war, but remember breaking the PVP truce might result in no new getting made.
Jolabent Wrote:

for example:

"but this comes from one of the top gangs......"
Who wasn't "one of the top gangs" three months ago. We've built up what we have through good recruiting and finding individuals that share a common passion.

I like a post made after yours from a newer gang's member that said to add members and slots, level up your guys until you are a bigger force to reckon with.

"Big gangs are refusing to let smaller gangs build up their defenses to become one of the larger gangs. "
*points at Xcons, Vaudevillains, Soul Guardians, etc...

Another key point is that you have to have active players. If there is a resistance at all, that could be enough for a larger gang to NOT attack your gang. Not always b/c we all want some fun now and again but if you're seriously trying to build points for your gang the quickest way is to hit gangs that don't put up resistance. We think twice before hitting certain gangs (Syndicate, SpaceWranglers, just to name two that aren't a top 3 or 5 gang) b/c we always get resistance and KNOW it's not going to be a quick pushover. Also, even if there are 6 players on, we're probably going to select the one that has 1 or 2 or especially NONE on before the gangs who's user list is lit up in green. There are too many gangs in AL that have a bunch of guys in them with only two active players and the rest are turds or better yet have inactive players still on the roster.
Come up with a catchy name or reason for existance, advertise your gang, require a certain minimum of activity (all the time), recruit your RL friends, your RL friends' friends, other people that share your outside-AL activities and build it what you want it to be.
If that's not working, we all have friends in-game and are friends with other gangs. Unite. Merge. Put all your crappy guys in their gang and take all their good guys. Then, get the good guy gang stronger by mass-leveling or helping eachother build weapons/armor so you're a force to be reckoned with. This still isn't going to stop a gang war machine but it will definitely slow down how often you get hit.
Another idea is to find players that are on in the middle of the night. There are very minimal wars going on between 1 and 8AM. A perfect time if you can put together the right crew(just an idea).
If you are being farmed by one of the bigger gangs find other smaller gangs who are having the same problem. Find a time when you collectivly have the most members on and attack all at once. You will still all lose, but it shows that you will fight back and you won't get attacked as much anymore because they expect you to all attack at once.
if u know what ur doing u can win
drec92 Wrote:if u know what ur doing u can win
Very difficult thing to acomplish though.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Reference URL's