AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: protection code
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
not sure but each player has thier own protection correct? like i just hospitalized a guy and only got a 60 min stay time? so i would guess he has seen the hosp a couple times already
The protection doesn't apply to those that hospitalize; read the announcement about this..i dont remember all the things right
I don't really care about that code, anymore. Blow it to shit.
many of the top players now were in favor of a protection code early on. why because they were the ones being hospitalized repeatedly. Yes you can get hospitalized for having an opinion, yes you can make it worse by continuing to run your mouth, but lets be honest it has never mattered who said anything when it came to hospitalizing wars. My gang was hospitalized as a way to get Pullo and loki to quit hospitalizing the Super villians. Our gang had said nothing and done nothing to get involved other than have an alliance with them. some people held grudges forever and never let them go. I happen to recall one person making a gang and having it disbanded by the 499ers everytime he did.

The facts are many of us pay to play this free game. Some people believe that gives them the right to say whatever they want. Others believe that gives them the right to attack whoever has offended them. personally I say do away with the protection code, and berserking. then make hospitalizing the same as berserking, costs a full energy bar, long hospital time, same random ability bonus. This way a person can still stroke their ego by beating up someone weaker than them. there is a cost to hospitalizing them, a full energy bar cost will probably be more likely to cut back on attacks on the persons whole gang and then people can stop crying about the protection code and start crying about the war code again.
Zenith should take away the protection code and put one in its place. Anyone that talks shit has their stats put at 1's for 5 minutes so that their mouths can be delt with. This goes for anyone. Makes it to where everything's fair. No one, big or small, can run their mouths.

shadowinc

w00k Wrote:
iceman2020 Wrote:Sounds pretty close to the "newb protection" added in the game Kings of Chaos. Of course, as soon as it was figured out people found ways to take advantage of it in ways that made the game irritating for many others. In essence, it punished the stronger players for putting in more commitment into the game.

It was a good try by the admins, but it was fatally flawed and made a lot of mid-higher levels actually quit the game when it was designed to keep weaker players in the game. Not only did the weaker players still leave, but they lost bigger players and experienced players found ways to exploit the system. End Result: Bad Move.

I disagree with any form of "protection." If you don't want to be hospitalized constantly, then keep quiet, keep your members in line, and then when you get up there in the ranks is when you can do things your way. I'm not going to have all the people much stronger than me be punished because they've put more time into the game.

Best post on this thread. Iceman for president!!!!!!!!!!!!

i second the motion

shadowinc

saint Wrote:i agree with iceman, and alinutza there's a difference in having opinions, and being downright rude and or insulting to certain players. plenty of people post opinions that I disagree with, and I could care less. it's when people start talking trash and sticking their noses in stuff that doesn't involve them that they get in trouble.

yes i just said sticking there noses in stuff that doesn't involve them, and yes it is a public forum, but sometime's it's best to just steer clear of topics focused between 2 people, 2 gangs, or whatever.

i am glad somebody has put this here, this is what made me post this,players talk trash then because the can nolongier beat you they whine to everybody for help
Saerin Wrote:many of the top players now were in favor of a protection code early on. why because they were the ones being hospitalized repeatedly. Yes you can get hospitalized for having an opinion, yes you can make it worse by continuing to run your mouth, but lets be honest it has never mattered who said anything when it came to hospitalizing wars. My gang was hospitalized as a way to get Pullo and loki to quit hospitalizing the Super villians. Our gang had said nothing and done nothing to get involved other than have an alliance with them. some people held grudges forever and never let them go. I happen to recall one person making a gang and having it disbanded by the 499ers everytime he did.

The facts are many of us pay to play this free game. Some people believe that gives them the right to say whatever they want. Others believe that gives them the right to attack whoever has offended them. personally I say do away with the protection code, and berserking. then make hospitalizing the same as berserking, costs a full energy bar, long hospital time, same random ability bonus. This way a person can still stroke their ego by beating up someone weaker than them. there is a cost to hospitalizing them, a full energy bar cost will probably be more likely to cut back on attacks on the persons whole gang and then people can stop crying about the protection code and start crying about the war code again.

GREAT IDEA
Saerin Wrote:many of the top players now were in favor of a protection code early on. why because they were the ones being hospitalized repeatedly. Yes you can get hospitalized for having an opinion, yes you can make it worse by continuing to run your mouth, but lets be honest it has never mattered who said anything when it came to hospitalizing wars. My gang was hospitalized as a way to get Pullo and loki to quit hospitalizing the Super villians. Our gang had said nothing and done nothing to get involved other than have an alliance with them. some people held grudges forever and never let them go. I happen to recall one person making a gang and having it disbanded by the 499ers everytime he did.

if your going to do away with berserking power, then you have to get rid of that gang protection and back-up nonsense and think of something new Smile
Gang protection and gang backup is a pretty sweet feature, in my opinion. I used it once and whomped people..Just because we're getting rid of berzerking doesn't mean you should get rid of those. It's like saying get rid of everyone's borg implants and tell them to go natural for the rest of their days.

To say, there'd be war in the streets. Alot of people falling off the face of the earth. Neutral
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Reference URL's