AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: Is integrity visible in this game?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

iceman2020

I understand yes, I'm a fairly new player. And yes, I have just created a small gang without the defense of allies. And yes, I understand the point of the game is to make your gang and family as strong as possible through guild points/funds/credits.

But what is it all worth if you got there at the expense of beating up the little people? Have some integrity or courage people. So it may take longer, so it may lead to initial failures (it will also tell much about your clan mates), but for what I know, I will not take a path that leads to power without meaning.

If you're wondering what in the world I'm talking about, I speak of this.

Quote:Current Active Wars
Attacker Defender Declare Time Status Actions
Dark Matter Judgement Day January 23, 2008

Finished Wars
Attacker Defender End Time Winner
Dissidence Judgement Day January 22, 2008, 7:27:58 pm Attacker

Now I understand an easy battle every once in a while, so let me be the first to applaud these two powerful gangs on their meaningless victory. Congratulations on beating up those who stand no chance; I would assume (being new) that you are not merely some cowards afraid to fight someone you may lose to; and that you were just quickly looking for some points.

I come from a game called Kings of Chaos as some of you may have played. It is destroyed now, but at least the players kept their integrity and many times it was reversed (some clan would fight against the odds). There was much more hatred, many more allies and many more enemies. But the one thing that game far surpassed what seems to be common in AL, was respect.

Don't try the excuse "well because it's how it's always been done." Yes, let's use that for slavery and for discrimination. Those should be perfectly legal and ethical because that's how it was always done, granted this is just a game and that was a much more serious issue.

I'm sure this will either be mocked or met with retaliation. So be it. All I wanted to say. And if you took the time to read it all, be careful about mocking it...as apparently it was worth your time to go to the end in some way.[/quote]

Loki

[Image: violin.gif]
[Image: 211_kleenex.JPG]
lol...the reappearance of the Giant Kleenex Box :shock:

Promathia19

iceman2020 Wrote:meaningless victory.

do GANG WARS really have meaning? i mean, its just a way to get points to upgrade ur gang. and youre not actually losing anything right?

Loki

Basically the best way to avoid being beaten down by the same gang over and over and over again is to take your beating and move on. A single gang will not roll your hideout repeatedly unless you give them a good reason to do so.

(If I was driving a war points gang, whining in a public forum would be good enough reason for me.)

Suck it up, quietly ramp up your troops, get some decent stats and war weapons, and make it harder for them next time they come calling.
you dont lose anything, and technicallly you dont gain anything. gang wars are another game completely separate from AL. the ONLY thing you get is a nice pantheon slot. at least if you have a pantheon slot in something else, it means youre less likely to get your butt put in the hospital.

and you compared this concept to slavery? lol lol lol lol lol

EDIT BY ZEN
yep, get yourselves prepared for their next attack and then pounce on them. even if you don't win the war if you do enough damage to them you may deter them from delcaring again. good luck

Promathia19

iceman2020 Wrote:(some clan would fight against the odds). There was much more hatred, many more allies and many more enemies. But the one thing that game far surpassed what seems to be common in AL, was respect.

since u havent played the game long there have been contests where multiple gangs would try and defeat 1 super gang. sure it kinna ended up with the super gang winning, but still, those multiple gangs fought against a really big odd. try playing the game a lil longer, then complain all u want.

and btw, did u just obtain the account? u say ur a new player, but a new player would have a 5-digit ID by now

delpot

fwiw, we only attack gangs that are worthwhile pointwise to us...if the payout isn't worth the energy, then we don't attack that gang anymore...

but honestly, as the #3 (soon to be #2 :wink: ) ranked gang in war points, there isn't a whole lot of room to go but down. and we don't even stand a chance with the #1 gang...no one does....so for them, everyone else is considered "the little guy"
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Reference URL's