AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: Is integrity visible in this game?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

jiggaj

mtngti Wrote:[Image: violin.gif]

totally

biffbaffboff

iceman2020 Wrote:I understand yes, I'm a fairly new player. And yes, I have just created a small gang without the defense of allies. And yes, I understand the point of the game is to make your gang and family as strong as possible through guild points/funds/credits.

But what is it all worth if you got there at the expense of beating up the little people? Have some integrity or courage people. So it may take longer, so it may lead to initial failures (it will also tell much about your clan mates), but for what I know, I will not take a path that leads to power without meaning.

If you're wondering what in the world I'm talking about, I speak of this.

Quote:Current Active Wars
Attacker Defender Declare Time Status Actions
Dark Matter Judgement Day January 23, 2008

Finished Wars
Attacker Defender End Time Winner
Dissidence Judgement Day January 22, 2008, 7:27:58 pm Attacker

Now I understand an easy battle every once in a while, so let me be the first to applaud these two powerful gangs on their meaningless victory. Congratulations on beating up those who stand no chance; I would assume (being new) that you are not merely some cowards afraid to fight someone you may lose to; and that you were just quickly looking for some points.

I come from a game called Kings of Chaos as some of you may have played. It is destroyed now, but at least the players kept their integrity and many times it was reversed (some clan would fight against the odds). There was much more hatred, many more allies and many more enemies. But the one thing that game far surpassed what seems to be common in AL, was respect.

Don't try the excuse "well because it's how it's always been done." Yes, let's use that for slavery and for discrimination. Those should be perfectly legal and ethical because that's how it was always done, granted this is just a game and that was a much more serious issue.

I'm sure this will either be mocked or met with retaliation. So be it. All I wanted to say. And if you took the time to read it all, be careful about mocking it...as apparently it was worth your time to go to the end in some way.
[/quote]

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Here's some sound to go with that
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXkpmS_d1mg

Scorpious

Canosoup Wrote:
Here's some sound to go with that
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXkpmS_d1mg

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Watched it for the first 32 seconds. Not bad music there. However, unless it was later on I missed the fake tears coming from him. LOL

Promathia19 Wrote:and btw, did u just obtain the account? u say ur a new player, but a new player would have a 5-digit ID by now

Exactly. I too have been hit by gangs (some of the gangs from the players posting here) and I say WHOOPIE!!!!!!!!!! I did not lose anything except a few times I had plans to war and then had to wait for another 2 1/2 hours or so. If this is your actual account from day 1 and not a new account from somebody you would have been here when I did multi-gang declarations. Sometimes as low as 10 gangs I declared on and other times I was able to get 20+ gangs before the others dropped me below 50%. With the way the GPs are dispersed now you may be declared on by the same gang over and over until they find a better one to hit. That is why you do not see many multi-gang declarations by others since the points are too low now to make it worthwhile (May have been mentioned too, LOL). Just let it ride and eventually they will move on to greener pastures. Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

iceman2020

Promathia19 Wrote:[quote="iceman2020"]ayer, but a new player would have a 5-digit ID by now

Going by the gym logs I was away for personal reasons for 6 months. I returned late December. So yes new Razz.

Quote: and you compared this concept to slavery? lol lol lol lol lol

That's called selective reading. That's called ignorance, or you're really that unable (Edited by 8)) to see I compared their attacks on us to slavery. I suggest you re-read, and then realize it is being used with the "Always has been ...Should be" and "Is....Ought" fallacies. Perhaps I am talking to a high schooler or younger here though.

----------

I'm not complaining, I'm not whining...I actually find it humorous. What good is a gang if it was built in such a way to me. But I understand, it's about common aims here, not principles...or to say results-oriented, not process-oriented. As long as we became strong is all that matters; the way in which it is achieved (as long as legally) is irrelevant. Just contrary to my views, but cannot be proven as a "wrong" view.

I'll take the hard road, others will take the easy. We each have a different opinion on which way is the truly "better" way. It'd be quite boring if there was no controversy.

it's basically a Matt vs Bon issue for those who know KoC.

Nitromthn

ignore the villains comments.. you have respect for new players and the weaker.. that is how they grow... beating up the weak and punking the new.. there just jealous you have a good point.. but its against there ways... good post bro and great spirit of the game addatude... keep it up... they care not how you play only that you do as they say.. or pay the price..

mudpies

work the construction job, get lvl 2 for wartime hideout repair (lvl 2 right? i forget it's been so long since I was that lowly), build a stash of job points, next time they declare, keep them fighing a long time so they waste their AP in a battle that won't be worth it.

It's just a silly gang war, you don't lose anything, you don't end up in the hosp (sometimes you do)... organize your troops and fight back. Also, realize that some gangs war 20-30 times a day, sometimes more if they have higher than normal activity (i don't remember what our record is, but it was a lot of freakin wars in one day) so you might think they're only hitting you non stop but they may just be rotating thru a few gangs that give decent points.

i'm bzzzzz and babbling.

iceman2020

I understand all that. I don't care about winning/losing wars. That's not why we're here. We're retired KoC vets looking to have fun and relax compared to the politics of KoC. (And yes, even this topic would be considered very polite and relaxing compared to those arguments in KoC).

I've just come to realize it's all about being results-oriented and not process oriented here. Something I'll just go ahead an accept. Luckily for all of us this is just a game. If these same people were business leaders or something with a similar impact in real life we'd all be screwed Razz.

benfrankly

Quote:I've just come to realize it's all about being results-oriented and not process oriented here. Something I'll just go ahead an accept. Luckily for all of us this is just a game. If these same people were business leaders or something with a similar impact in real life we'd all be screwed :p.

wait, business leaders are process-oriented and not motivated by results?

i think you'll find that it's only rational for any business to operate within a given framework by attempting to use every tool at its disposal to maintain profitability. i'm not sure if this "KoC" that you speak of exists in an alternate reality or if it's like some hardcore medieval we-all-love-chivalry-i-joust-in-my-backyard-on-saturdays-with-fellow-knights or if maybe you work in seattle and just can't get down with the globalization of markets, but here's hoping you'll get accustomed to the idea of results being a catalyst for action... in AL and elsewhere.
benfrankly Wrote:or if it's like some hardcore medieval we-all-love-chivalry-i-joust-in-my-backyard-on-saturdays-with-fellow-knights

I couldn't stop laughing at this comment. Not sure how we got into global business practices 101, but let's get back on topic. Twisted
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Reference URL's