AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: revised hospitalization code...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I attack for experience when you are offline only, for the record

Scorpious

I know. Like I said it is usually daily. Not multiple times like CEO claims he does not.
were talking hospitalize and leave and bezerk rages.....not attack and leave or muggings.....
The code had side-effects I deemed worse than the benefit. The code was intended to prevent a single player from attacking another player so many times that they couldn't play. Instead, it prevented people from having gang wars (not the hideout kind) and gave a benefit to smaller gangs over larger ones. Not what I intended.

Will there be a new system to replace the old one? Yes.
Will it resemble the old system? No.

grabtindy

"Really?????? You could have fooled me. Wish I had all my event notices.

10:11 am CEO defeated you and left you in shame.
9:15 am Geo defeated you and left you in shame.
12:04 am CEO defeated you and left you in shame. "

Every one of those was offline, 3 offline hits a day is nothing, get over it. As gtoofs said, hosps and rages are the issue. I probably put you in the hospital for less than 60 minutes total. I was hit for over 700 minutes of hospital time by a single player today, all while online.

"Will there be a new system to replace the old one? Yes. " - Thats all I needed to hear, thanks Zen!

theghost83

the code never affected me once,but it could have helped me outwhen I 1st started,I was attack 18 times by a player for no reason we mailed each back and forth,they where all nasty messege's by that time.turned out he was from the next town over,and once we figured out who each other where,he stopped playing.But really that drove me to try harder.

thawdgharp

to play devil's advocate...

zen, you said "Instead, it prevented people from having gang wars (not the hideout kind)"

I thought the new gang war code prevented people from having gang wars! I mean, attacking people in a certain gang over and over for no reason other than XP and pride doesn't really constitute a "gang war" to me.

Maybe if we could *cough cough* have the new AND the old war system at the same time, I could understand what you meant by your statement.. But under the present system, a "gang war" that's not the hideout kind has zero costs / benefits for the gang as a whole. The only costs and/or benefits with such a "war" are currently only realized by individual players, making it more of a personal war than a gang war.

I love the new gang war system, don't get me wrong.. it grew on me for sure! But I still really miss the old system too, where PvP combat was for something tangible (respect!) instead of just pride / bragging rights.

Love,
DeepElem aka KON aka Cleo aka Thawdgharp aka TheLilBrahThatCoulD
thawdgharp Wrote:to play devil's advocate...

zen, you said "Instead, it prevented people from having gang wars (not the hideout kind)"

I thought the new gang war code prevented people from having gang wars! I mean, attacking people in a certain gang over and over for no reason other than XP and pride doesn't really constitute a "gang war" to me.

Maybe if we could *cough cough* have the new AND the old war system at the same time, I could understand what you meant by your statement.. But under the present system, a "gang war" that's not the hideout kind has zero costs / benefits for the gang as a whole. The only costs and/or benefits with such a "war" are currently only realized by individual players, making it more of a personal war than a gang war.

I love the new gang war system, don't get me wrong.. it grew on me for sure! But I still really miss the old system too, where PvP combat was for something tangible (respect!) instead of just pride / bragging rights.

Love,
DeepElem aka KON aka Cleo aka Thawdgharp aka TheLilBrahThatCoulD

Sometimes people like to have good old scraps. The code basically prevented this.

dayute

Nothing like a good ole meatsack to beat on. If you get hit a couple of times a day offline it just means someone gets good exp off of you.
She's not talking about a few offline hits Razz

We are talking proper beat downs, with atleast 30-50k stim pack bills each day.

The idea here is that smaller gang have the advantage against a bigger gang.

Since 1 man from the smaller gang can stim out every 30mins and hospitalize 3 people. And the big gang can only beat up the same 4 persons over and over, meaning the little gang builds up protection from hospitalization, and have a lesser stim pack bill since protection from hospitalizations = shorter and shorter hospitalization time = smaller stim pack bills.

So if now, if a 4 man gang wants to fight a 18man gang the old way, the 18 man gang can keep the 4 in hospital with the long lengths on the hospitalization time all day, instead of the 4 people getting off easy after 10-20hospitalization.

The 4 man gang can give much higher amount of hospitalizations then it will receive, so thats why the new code was removed, so that the playing field would be more equal.

Still, in the war my gang is in with SV, yeah, you prolly seen us crammed up with iv's in the hospital all day. In this war I can hospitalize 3 times more then I get hospitalized, cause I never stim out unless I have full EP and have 3 targets lined up. And I sometimes get time to do crimes after hosp'ing to cover travel costs.

All of you should try this thing, it's great fun Biggrin
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's