AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: Moderators ain't gods nor was I.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
I find that rule to be fucking ludicrous. Anyone that needs to ask why has obviously been in a hole their entire lives. Classic case of can't take what people have to say, I'm a big head cunt, POWAH retard and homeland security fucktwits all rolled into one.

Oh, you want to talk shit about the mods....TRAITOR, blaspheme, call up Homeland Security, cause we got a crazy person right he'ah!

Fucking stupid.
(2012.Feb.23 08:47 AM)spacebird Wrote: [ -> ]i don't have the quote in front of me atm, but robert hunter described selective use of foul language best when asked about his lyrics to 'wharf rat' in an interview a few years ago. ultimately, he states that, in his opinion, those words tend to lose meaning and impact when they are overused but taking those words away from the language completely is ultimately an infringement of basic freedom of speech and should be open to the users interpretation. if you want to curse like a drunken sailor, that is your choice to do so.

i'm pretty sure this thread isn't about language though.

it isn't but language plays a roll in it.
(2012.Feb.23 07:40 AM)johnsonhalo76 Wrote: [ -> ]it's not when you learn the words, it's when it is appropriate to use them. i'm gonna bring up my other example, there have only ever been 5 times i have used the word cunt off the internet(and meant it), not because i don't know what it means but because it's a horribly in appropriate word.

wraith, you know only an admin can rescind a ban, and well.. you see where i'm going with this

You can't just use one curse word and imply that that is how all function, or even are used. For instance, I often use 'fucking' as an emphatic, both online and in real life. Simply put, it draws a huge amount of attention to a particular point. Any seemingly 'excessive' word does exactly this - draws attention to the crux of an argument. Attempting to censor people not only costs them parts of the crucial flexibility of the English language and stifles expression but also deprives them of valuable tools. In comparison, that would be like claiming all guns should be banned simply because some people don't know how to use them properly and end up making an ass out of themselves.
(2012.Feb.21 09:50 PM)BrokenGlass Wrote: [ -> ]Question: Should we as players be allowed to scutinize and objectively criticize the mods behavior and decisions without undue penalty?

halo, what am i missing then? i see nothing about the language filter in that question.

ush is the one that brought up the language filter being the demise of the game, lol
sentence enhancement
(2012.Feb.23 01:20 PM)Accipender Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012.Feb.23 07:40 AM)johnsonhalo76 Wrote: [ -> ]it's not when you learn the words, it's when it is appropriate to use them. i'm gonna bring up my other example, there have only ever been 5 times i have used the word cunt off the internet(and meant it), not because i don't know what it means but because it's a horribly in appropriate word.

wraith, you know only an admin can rescind a ban, and well.. you see where i'm going with this

You can't just use one curse word and imply that that is how all function, or even are used. For instance, I often use 'fucking' as an emphatic, both online and in real life. Simply put, it draws a huge amount of attention to a particular point. Any seemingly 'excessive' word does exactly this - draws attention to the crux of an argument. Attempting to censor people not only costs them parts of the crucial flexibility of the English language and stifles expression but also deprives them of valuable tools. In comparison, that would be like claiming all guns should be banned simply because some people don't know how to use them properly and end up making an ass out of themselves.

we should do what Chris Rock said. let anyone own a gun but make each bullet cost $5,000. that why there will be no innocent bystanders, and if anyone gets shot yoo can damn well bet they really deserved it.

we give words their power. by making a big deal about them we let words gain more power for both good and bad. if you want a word to lose its power stop making a big deal about it.

and there's always this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bj45hsYra...re=related
(2012.Feb.22 06:14 PM)spacebird Wrote: [ -> ]ush is a fan of redirection.

i really don't believe you are a stupid guy, ush. though you are treating everyone else like they are stupid with a lot of what you post. that's why it's very obvious why that post resulted in a forum banning, and it had nothing to do with the content of it. you went into the 'recycle bin' to ban me ffs (yes, it actually said that on the ban notice), so you can't say you weren't searching for a reason to get one over on me. we're all human, just admit it though.

superb job, indeed.

Sent your post to recycle bin and used that link to ban you. There was no search. You do not know the mechanics behind modding.

Go level some more.
(2012.Feb.23 08:47 PM)Ushanewnewba Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012.Feb.22 06:14 PM)spacebird Wrote: [ -> ]ush is a fan of redirection.

i really don't believe you are a stupid guy, ush. though you are treating everyone else like they are stupid with a lot of what you post. that's why it's very obvious why that post resulted in a forum banning, and it had nothing to do with the content of it. you went into the 'recycle bin' to ban me ffs (yes, it actually said that on the ban notice), so you can't say you weren't searching for a reason to get one over on me. we're all human, just admit it though.

superb job, indeed.

Sent your post to recycle bin and used that link to ban you. There was no search. You do not know the mechanics behind modding.

Go level some more.

bconrad said he sent it to the recycle bin.
It ain't rocket science Ush.....and yeah Bird is right......you do talk down to people.

I got the same from you when Zen was asking folks in the Mod forum about what they thought of me. Everyone at the time was in agreement but you made some flippant comment....I had wondered why you were so arrogant but I guess you just identified with you e-personality too much......
any time i have been banned, it has said the thread name in parenthesis next to the reason for banning. this one said (from recycle bin). bconrad claims he moved it from the thread because it was off-topic. now ush comes in here saying that he moved it, as well as many other tall tales that he has stated in recent threads. you seem pretty concerned about being a forum mod on this internet game, ushanewnewba.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Reference URL's