AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: A quick note on updates
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
We're still looking good for this weekend for the crime update, but I got stuck out of town for most of today. Looks like tomorrow for the updates.
(2012.Jan.21 06:39 PM)cipher Wrote: [ -> ]We're still looking good for this weekend for the crime update, but I got stuck out of town for most of today. Looks like tomorrow for the updates.

ok awesome.
not fimiliar with said crime update, but im interested to see it...
Cipher, thank you for the update. I'm sure I don't stand alone in saying I/WE appreciate it, and maybe we could get more forum updates in future? Even if its just a few lines to update us on where the game is heading.

Thanks
maybe doing this once a fortnight would be a really good way of keeping everyone quite.

Its what most businesses do, meetings or newsletters etc.

Would be great, and thanks for the updates Smile
This update is ready to go.

This will be rolled out in two phases, the first will be that crime success rate and payout will now take into account your classes passed and your skills (plus some other undisclosed things), where appropriate. The second phase will be the progressive unlocking of crimes as you go, versus just dumping all crimes on anyone who attains level 5.

The reason for this is twofold. First, because I don't want to introduce two new things at once, in case someone finds a bug, it will be easier to diagnose. Second because the change in success rate/payout will affect everyone, whereas the unlocking of crimes will affect fewer players.

I am electing to wait until tomorrow to release the update, as it is getting late, and I want to be able to keep an eye on things after it's released.
(2012.Jan.22 10:14 PM)cipher Wrote: [ -> ]This update is ready to go.

This will be rolled out in two phases, the first will be that crime success rate and payout will now take into account your classes passed and your skills (plus some other undisclosed things), where appropriate. The second phase will be the progressive unlocking of crimes as you go, versus just dumping all crimes on anyone who attains level 5.

The reason for this is twofold. First, because I don't want to introduce two new things at once, in case someone finds a bug, it will be easier to diagnose. Second because the change in success rate/payout will affect everyone, whereas the unlocking of crimes will affect fewer players.

I am electing to wait until tomorrow to release the update, as it is getting late, and I want to be able to keep an eye on things after it's released.

Could you give an example of a certain class affecting a certain crime so that I can wrap my head around the idea? Thanks cipher
Finally! Biggrin
I've been calling for a crime update for years.
soooooo basically for higher-level players nothing changes except numbers?

thats exciting.
Bigger payouts is a welcomed change
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Reference URL's