AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: fun of the game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
keep your friends close and enemies closer eh rafal

shadowinc

yea ,thats true

Thor

Rafallol Wrote:you shoudnt worry to much about Friends/Enemies list for example
In my enemy list I put just targets( players who are easy and give me good exp) they arent my reall enemies. In oposite i kept my reall enemies and gang members on friends list to have them togheder and easier see who is online
A lot of us do that, enemies doesnt always show the true on how much you're hated.

I hope... lol

agamemnon

In my mind, this game is about domination. It should never be about humiliation, and it should not be about annihilation unless there is a very good reason for doing so. This is particularly true for the players who work hard and invest their real money to create larger gangs of eight or more members as the cost to do so is considerable. If that gang, on the other hand, has broken the 'code of conduct' by harassing weaker gangs or by excessive bad-mouthing, then they may deserve annihilation. However, I see no reason why a gang would continue to attack hours after the weaker opponent has tendered their surrender unless there is good reason to keep attacking. If it's done just for the sake of bullying, or for sociopathic enjoyment, it's uncalled for. There's a lot of impressionable players in this game and, as the most senior players, we owe it to them to conduct ourselves with a minimum of decency.

This game is also about competition, but where is it at the highest level? Virtually all of the highest level players have joined the the game's only supergang. How fun is that? Where's the competition in that? Most of the other level 30+ gang members are afraid to re-form gangs because they know that they'll get destroyed. So, the ones who have stayed in the game go it alone.

I'm for the underdog in this game, the poor schmuck who's been shit-kicked so much by the stronger players that he/she's hell-bent on doing something about it. But, give us time. If the powers develop mid-level affiliate gangs to destroy their mid-level adversaries, eventually there will be no competition at all. I say, let us develop so that we may one day compete against you!

Throughout my six months in this game, I have enjoyed it immensely and I must say, I have not really been bullied at all. I've been attacked, as have my gangs. I've had two gangs destroyed that I had financed. But, they deserved it on both occasions. I never whined about it.

There's players in this game that enjoy being top dog, and that's fine. There's others who enjoy being the underdogs. I fit into that category. I say to all of you: Let's try and create a more balanced playing field here. Instead of reliving Premier Division Manchester United against Fourth Division Shrewsbury Town, or Major League Baseball's NY Yankees against Double AA Hickstown Doughboys, let's give the underdog a fighting chance. What do you say?

badmanbren

Kinda hard when with the difference in trianing levels. A friend of mine (SecretSpy789) has told me that if I train for 24 hours and a higher level like the average level 35 trains for 2 hours they get more stat development points then me. So wouldn't this be like impossible for me to get to that level and stat place? This is too big of a difference I think the Birmingham City and Torquay United ba;ance is here to stay. Unfortunatelly for many of us. Game on for me! Twisted

Thor

Did he calculated that maybe those higher players have a better housing, have more energy to train and need 4 to 8k dev points to get 1 stat level? Surely not.

I takes me anywhere from 2-5 days to get a stat level, depending on how active I am and, weirdly enough, it was about the same when I was level 10 with a poor housing. It is not impossible to catch up with top players, some have already proven that, it's only very hard and usually costy in real $$$.

shadowinc

it seems that everybody has forgotten that every empire falls even if its by their own hands,some will enjoy the myham for a while and then turn on their masters,all through history it has happened and will continue to happen to the end of time,so as for catching up with all the high lvls with stats and lvls,no they may never catch up with higher or mid lvl players but somebody will stand ,even if it's part of the gang we put together

Thor

No, I didn't, I mentionned it myself in the past. Smile

hydro9226 @ 01 Mar 2007 14:18 Wrote:Rome did fell eventually too, out of arrogance from its leaders if my memory is good. :massivegrin:

p.s. Now I remember why I had an argument with Sarge back then!!!

Hope you can forgive me poker pal?

agamemnon

And it's not impossible to catch up. Look at the rapid development of Yoda or EvilScotsmaN. It does take money and time, but it is possible. Good point, Shu.

And I also invite all players to turn on their masters (except for in my gang, of course). Go with your consciences. Turn on them if they are egomaniacal. Turn on them if they are greedy. Turn on them if you do not share their vision of the game. You will have friends and support.

For those players who are getting mezmerized by the bling bling of being associated with the big boys, I say: It's fool's gold. Help build something from the ground up. It's much more rewarding when you can look back at the sweat and dirt that you've put into helping create something from scratch...from taking the stairs, step by step, instead of the elevator. Develop friendships along the way. Take part in gang decisions. Be a teammate instead of a pawn.

TheGeek

There must be alot of cheese fans here, because all i see is WHINE... =\
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's