AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: Housing vs endurance
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Zen has confirmed that adding endurance, even in small quantities, improves your trains.... you do not have to gain a full level of endurance to increase your gym trains.

So my question to everyone here, is at what point do you think better housing is no longer worth the cost vs putting it into credits, and then endurance.

The only thing, is if the bonus to your gym trains are multiplicative, or additive, it makes a huge difference...... example following

for the sake of even and simple numbers....

does a 50% boost from endurance, and a 50% from housing mean
housing________endurance_____gain
50%_____ + ____ 50% =____ 100%

if this is the case, then endurance at one point, will always be better.

or
housing____endurance_____gain
1.5 (50%) x 1.5(50%) = 125% (2.25)

Meaning that at a point you will have a higher net gain by increasing housing to the next level, and then continue to go with endurance?

To show, say you upped your endurance from the previous numbers by 15%

1.5_____ x ____1.65___ = ___2.475 (147.5%)

now, if you were to up either stat again, you would actually have a higher net gain, albeit slightly, if you increased whichever one contributed less.

1.65____ x___ 1.65 = ___2.7225 (172.25%)

versus

1.5_____ x _____1.8 = _____2.7 (170%)

I know this is grossly simplified, but the commutative property will always make this work , as the variables, besides randomness automatically brought in by the code, to determine gains are always set: happiness, endurance, donator status, trainers, gym day, energy.

The end question I guess, is, are the modifiers that increase gym trains added together, or multiplied together...?
I have no idea what ur sayin but u forgot something... u forgot the trainers... or is that some magical element in your over-simplified discussion that I have missed?

OnwardTowardTheGlory

You have explanations of the results.

You need explanations of the formulas.
you're over thinking it. just play the damn game. I always have the best house I can and use spare creds to slowly build end. Coming up with long winded questions that only you understand doesn't make you look smart
Say what? QuestionQuestion

OnwardTowardTheGlory

I somewhat get it now. At your level, I'd say get the best housing as long as you have the endurance for your weapon.

I am curious to the answer though. Debating when I hit 50 whether or not to bump endurance up a few levels or upgrading to the arcology house since it's only a 100 happiness increase. I'm guessing there is an optimal balance like your formulas imply, but I don't have a clue to the answer.
(2010.May.02 04:38 PM)Maccleod Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010.May.02 03:53 PM)InPaceRequiscat Wrote: [ -> ]I have far to much time on my hands .

+1

but. always adding happiness will give you the greatest increase, but there's a point where adding your happ will be way more expensive than upping your endo to the same gain. from what i've noticed it's best to up your house to the midlan house/villa then work on endo, but if you have a mid house and then transfer for a ranch and spend the cash on endo, you will get less dev/train until you break 20 endo
I can tell you there definitely is a point where it's better to put your money into End than housing, I think it's the $5mil house but I'll have to check at work tomorrow (that's where my spreadsheet is) or you can search for it since I know I've answered this at least twice on the forums.
in short, what I am asking is....

When different bonus are applied to your trains, are they multiplied together, or added, because three 15% bonus added together is 45%, but three 15% bonus multiplied together is 52%.

If the bonuses are multiplied together, sometimes going to the next house would create a greater increase than cash into endurance.

The reason why it is so important, is that if I can figure out the what multiplies with each other, and what adds, I could theoretically know exactly what and how much will give the greatest increases for the money.
(2010.May.02 05:59 PM)InPaceRequiscat Wrote: [ -> ]but three 15% bonus multiplied together is 52%.

15*15=225*15=3375 now add 6 decimal slots... .003375
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Reference URL's