AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: Jail Busting Chances
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4

Scorpious

Thank you very much for your replies LordSkie and Smidge. Telling people you feel otherwise of what they say is one thing but trying to say they are wrong because you have a different opinion is not very good.

I appreciate you saying you disagree LordSkie without trying to jump up on a pedestal saying you know more or you are better because you have played longer or higher in levels.

I also appreciate your reply Smidge giving your aspect and side of this too. I also would like to try higher targets just like you. Thanks again.

TheGeek also gave his reply of losing XP at failing. Information like this is very helpful for others who may not realize they lose XP or may not know too many aspects of the game. I am not a veteran like some of these higher level players so there are probably lots of things I don't know either. I did not even realize I needed to get a job until 45 or 50 days ago so imagine that. LOL

Thanks for positive feedback on this everyone and not only negative. :-)

Thor

I have some concerns about a lvl1 having a minimum chance of 5% to bust any1 with any time, manage to get a lvl 30 with 853 mins out of jail and rake in enough exp to get 3 lvl in 1 click...

Exp does go up exponentially, as the jail time goes up so does the ratio of exp/mins. From what I saw, if Zen didn't capped it at 1:1, a 850 mins bust would get you between 1100 and 1250 exp... For a level 1?? Nu-huh!!

Scorpious

That's why the lower in levels you are the less chance you get. 1% is pretty bad for that LVL 1 player. Like my level now, I would probably have a 2% or 3% chance to do it. Question is, Would he want to try and try and try again knowing he is losing/not gaining XP since he is failing. I just say give somebody the chance to do it. If you were single digits level and was logging for the night wouldn't you want to give it a try? Kind of like a lottery. HEHE Would make your day if you were logging to go to bed and you actually succeeded on it. LOL I would sleep even better that night. :-) I even busted one of the people who replied on this post today. Higher level than myself (Higher as in at least 5 levels, won't say how much higher) with around 200 minutes. :-)

Well, have a good one all. Off from the forum for awhile.

Thor

Well, I don't know, I'm just not comfortable with the idea of giving some1 a chance to get a level (or more) in 1 click (even if its only 1-5%, it makes it possible) after all the debating about donators leveling to 20 in 70 days or gaining mad stats over nights.

smidge

No one should be able to level up in one go but I think that as long as the formula is strongly tied to your abilities it shouldn't be an issue....If a person's got the skills...I don't think they should be held back by their level. The Combat system has already made a huge shift away from a level orientation and it should be the same with jail busts. I know a lot of ppl were in the clink before Zen blocked the higher crimes but I still think some adjustments should be made to the calculation of who you can bust. If it gets to the point that your skills allow you to bust a guy and gain a level...maybe you should already be at that level. As long as the numbers are reasonable it should be fine.

Maybe we could have a warning if their chances are low, that said "this bust is going to be really really hard...do you still want to continue"...or if they have no chance....the usual you can't do it msg.

Scorpious

Thanks again Smidge. That sounds good. I am not in the top 50 but my Dex is pretty decent to where I do a pretty good job of either busting others, busting myself, or a combination of the two where I bust myself after failing on somebody else. Instead of just XP and levels how about adding other stats in. I know you will need Dex for one. Maybe Str as in climbing over the wall, jumping down, etc.... But at least add Dex in to the equations for this. Still, 1% chance may seem alot for that LVL 1 getting a chance to level up on a bust but how much XP will he possibly lose and time in game to get XP if he fails? Have to keep an open mind on this, right? Ciao.

Scorpious

I see more votes here, alright. Come on everyone. Vote whether yes or no. Let's see if we can have more votes here than other polls. LOL

Scorpious

So does this mean the yes category is the winner? LOL Almost 2 to 1 in these 30 days of voting and posts. HEHE Surprised this is still open so I can joke about it. Figured it wouldbe closed now after I said to give it to the end of the month. We can close this now. Thanks much.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's