AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: Again there are only 9 pages of players
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Aqualung451

Again I ask you, Has this game seen it's better days? Sure there is the core player group. There is in every game a core of players who will be around untill the lights are turned out....
New blood is not taking to the game...WHY? are we core players to blame? What can we do to generate excitement for the game we all love?
maybe it is the lack of "bells and whistles" that does not attract intrest. This game has so many directions a player can turn , maybe that is the reson, too many choices. I have played other text games AKA Moffia wars, etc. I find them lacking the user, and player friendly system found here. A gamer can at the right level play for free. Show me another game online that can boast that.
i think the bells and whistles of other games will chase away the core members of the game, but we as a community must together do somthing to pick up new membership or we will die out as a whole.
People will say yeah AL had a good idea, but they couldn't get with it in the 21st cent. so they broke up, so sad. what a great game.
Come on friends and foes alike, you are all smart people, what do we do?
or did you Piss away a few hundred bucks? get somthing back from your investment, chat with a noob, welcome them to the game, give them some advice. just pick one out and mail them. be yourself, but help out a little with direction and what the game is all about.
I personally think its an initial reaction thing, on the surface it looks a very boring text based game. With a baffling amount of options and no real explanation. We need a walkthrough badly IMO
Something I have saw in other games which could help here is a starter quest chain. With rewards that help a noob get started into the game.

Could start of something along the lines of, hi welcome to awakenedLands ill be your guide in this early stage of life. Your looking a bit scrawny time to hit the gym I think, (after they hit next the screen changes and there is an arrow pointing at gym) welcome to the gym here you can train your stats to be a better melee or ranged fighter, (then have a break down of what each stat does for you, e.g dex helps in some crimes, dodging etc. ) After they train could go on to about how happyness plays a big part of gyms trains, when they finish that they get a reward, i.e enought money to buy there first gun, Could say here is $XXX go get yourself a weapon.

Could do this for crimes, school, skills, opening a bank account, their first fight, buying a house, equiping items, using the shops, traveling, using stims or food, all the sort of stuff that we take for granted and a new player would be totaly lost by. Then when they finish the whole chain they get a weeks Donater status and a bit about how it can help etc to wet the mouth.

An other thing that could help new players is say 50 items to get out of jail and 50 items to get out of Hospital with full hp. They would be non-trable and only work up to say level 5, because there is nothing more off putting than starting a game and ending up in jail and not able to do anything about it.
as a noob still, it sorta feels intimidating that ppl have reached such high levels you have to do what they say when they say or you suffer their fury. one way of making it more intersting is limiting the amount of attacks higher level players can do to low levels.. also encourages gangs to have a mix of experienced and low level players....

just sayin.. shoot it down if you like.

ps. very late here so be gentle in regards to spelling..... Smile
(2010.Feb.01 06:13 AM)thehustler Wrote: [ -> ]as a noob still, it sorta feels intimidating that ppl have reached such high levels you have to do what they say when they say or you suffer their fury. one way of making it more intersting is limiting the amount of attacks higher level players can do to low levels.. also encourages gangs to have a mix of experienced and low level players....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
(2010.Feb.01 07:27 AM)Troopermccue Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010.Feb.01 06:13 AM)thehustler Wrote: [ -> ]as a noob still, it sorta feels intimidating that ppl have reached such high levels you have to do what they say when they say or you suffer their fury. one way of making it more intersting is limiting the amount of attacks higher level players can do to low levels.. also encourages gangs to have a mix of experienced and low level players....

FUCK YOU
(2010.Feb.01 07:42 AM)thehustler Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010.Feb.01 07:27 AM)Troopermccue Wrote: [ -> ]

farg you

all i'm gonna say is look before you leap.
This game sucks!

Go play torn city. its this game but 10 times better
(2010.Feb.01 07:54 AM)Dingus Wrote: [ -> ]This game sucks!

Go play torn city. its this game but 10 times better

nobody has paid attention to you in months.

I agree with these points.

I think the biggest problem is the level and strength disparity that exists between players.

Someone that signs up today will never catch me, and I'll never catch Pun.

Maybe putting caps on levels is the answer. It seems to work for WoW.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Reference URL's