AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: Again there are only 9 pages of players
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
(2010.Feb.04 06:13 PM)InPaceRequiscat Wrote: [ -> ]And what is pathetic, half the players who are helping me haven't been here as long as the majority who are posting here.

Stuff was done before you even knew of AL, so be nice.

Actions were taken, ideas brought.

Some worked, others didn't. Some people used the system to gain from it, others gave too much.

What is pathetic is thinking older players don't care.

It's not that they don't care. They just know better.
(2010.Feb.04 06:25 PM)Duchbag69 Wrote: [ -> ]it isn't the player job to keep new players around...if admins want the game to succeed its their job... its great your trying to do what your doing but frankly its like getting loyal customers to do all of the owners work for nothing...

what has the admins given you?

- assuming nothing since i havent heard otherwise.

what have you given them?

- possibly customers, that may or may not pay them money...

sure, you can say you're "protecting your investment" but if this game folds tomorow i would say i got my money worth and find something else to do..

there is more to/in life than just AL.

Sometimes, when you really enjoy something, and enjoy the community, even when they are kicking dirt in your face, you want to share that.

Or maybe I am trying to get the heat on someone other than myself.
(2010.Feb.04 09:41 AM)randomjacker Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010.Feb.04 09:39 AM)Dingus Wrote: [ -> ]FO, The game is geared to compensate for level and age. The coding dictates the amount of growth that can be achieved.

For example: NestaVipers is 2 years younger than me and has recentlty passed me through her style of play. I have level 30 endurance and have been a regular in this game since day one. For short it is all relative.

and your endo and age are well above mine... you have hundreds more into endo Smile

But you are ruining my fun!~

I won't play your wiley games, RJ! Winky

I'm surprised actually. I understand that people can advance their levels rather quickly (like all of the Lycan gang), but I find it hard to believe that in a fight Nesta would beat Dingus (given power levels and all).

I'd also wager that RJ can beat up Dingus pretty good too. Despite the age difference and END difference.

I am interested though - what "style of play" are we talking about? Other than TONS of activity and steady donating?

My only point (which I'm apparently wrong about) was that I don't think that a person who signed up today would ever beat me... But I suppose on a long enough time-line with a large enough budget that is untrue.

So tell me how to play the game right then. I was unaware that the last year and a half I was f'n it up.

I have 21 END and the best house I can buy. Perhaps I'm goofing up the order in which I level/build stats?

Seriously... inquiring minds want to know. Because I'd love to catch you someday RJ! Ninja
(2010.Feb.04 06:13 PM)InPaceRequiscat Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010.Feb.04 03:57 PM)TommiTheTaco Wrote: [ -> ]Eh. Some folks should just play nice and tutor the little guys. Don't have to pick and choose every single one to be your personal wall to talk to, but helping someone once in a while goes a long way.

No need for huge systems, no need for a community watch. Just help sometimes. Some people are better than none.

I have a fully operational program up and running for the noobs. I have 10 people who each speak to every new sign up.

I have already spent a mill on items to loan these players.

And what is pathetic, half the players who are helping me haven't been here as long as the majority who are posting here.

Why help them all when they all might not want help? Take your chances on a few. If you're going to rant about your charity, why do it?
(2010.Feb.04 06:51 PM)NastyFO Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010.Feb.04 09:39 AM)Dingus Wrote: [ -> ]FO, The game is geared to compensate for level and age. The coding dictates the amount of growth that can be achieved.

For example: NestaVipers is 2 years younger than me and has recentlty passed me through her style of play. I have level 30 endurance and have been a regular in this game since day one. For short it is all relative.

and your endo and age are well above mine... you have hundreds more into endo

I'm surprised actually. I understand that people can advance their levels rather quickly (like all of the Lycan gang), but I find it hard to believe that in a fight Nesta would beat Dingus (given power levels and all).

I'd also wager that RJ can beat up Dingus pretty good too. Despite the age difference and END difference.

I am interested though - what "style of play" are we talking about? Other than TONS of activity and steady donating?

My only point (which I'm apparently wrong about) was that I don't think that a person who signed up today would ever beat me... But I suppose on a long enough time-line with a large enough budget that is untrue.

So tell me how to play the game right then. I was unaware that the last year and a half I was f'n it up.

I have 21 END and the best house I can buy. Perhaps I'm goofing up the order in which I level/build stats?

Seriously... inquiring minds want to know. Because I'd love to catch you someday RJ! Ninja

well with sym orange it is easier than before... training in chunks, not full trains....

As well you need to do what some consider a bad idea... Level hard.... be willing to have people several levels below you beat you for a bit... in the end you will get more dev per train and will pass them, always use the trainer and strive to get the best trainer possible....

Just the basics....
I really disagree with the get the best trainer possible.
I have crunched the numbers and found that using the $10 trainer will benefit little more than a 10% gain while each additional $10 will benefit maybe 5% or slightly higher.

I think you should stick with $10 trainer & save that additional cash for a housing upgrade or buy credits & boost endurance.
(2010.Feb.04 08:24 PM)Leopard Wrote: [ -> ]I really disagree with the get the best trainer possible.
I have crunched the numbers and found that using the $10 trainer will benefit little more than a 10% gain while each additional $10 will benefit maybe 5% or slightly higher.

I think you should stick with $10 trainer & save that additional cash for a housing upgrade or buy credits & boost endurance.

hmm that goes for the 30+ and 40+ trainers? or are we just talking 10 vs 20??

no matter how much it hurts.... Half of all donations go into endo.
(2010.Feb.04 08:11 PM)randomjacker Wrote: [ -> ]

well with sym orange it is easier than before... training in chunks, not full trains....

As well you need to do what some consider a bad idea... Level hard.... be willing to have people several levels below you beat you for a bit... in the end you will get more dev per train and will pass them, always use the trainer and strive to get the best trainer possible....

Just the basics....

That's basically what I do, actually. I'm gonna go on a leveling spree here shortly. I do think I'm a pretty strong level 32 though.

I always use the $10 trainer. I don't see enough of a boost for the $20. And I don't need sym-pacs. My happy refills within one refresh period (as of two days ago). I used to mix in one attack every other EP refresh.

Seems like I'm not too far off, I guess.

Chymere

(2010.Feb.04 08:11 PM)randomjacker Wrote: [ -> ]As well you need to do what some consider a bad idea... Level hard.... be willing to have people several levels below you beat you for a bit... in the end you will get more dev per train and will pass them, always use the trainer and strive to get the best trainer possible....

Just the basics....

That's it, Preach. Forget always being 10-15 above your lvl in stats, powerlvl! We're living with some dated concept of AL.
(2010.Feb.04 08:32 PM)NastyFO Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010.Feb.04 08:11 PM)randomjacker Wrote: [ -> ]

Just the basics....

That's basically what I do, actually. I'm gonna go on a leveling spree here shortly. I do think I'm a pretty strong level 32 though.

I always use the $10 trainer. I don't see enough of a boost for the $20. And I don't need sym-pacs. My happy refills within one refresh period (as of two days ago). I used to mix in one attack every other EP refresh.

Seems like I'm not too far off, I guess.

You say one refresh period... I am talking about training every 5-10-15 mins

As well when I was struggling to get to 20 endo I would buy 50 credits a day from crimes and out them into endo.
(2010.Feb.04 08:34 PM)Chymere Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010.Feb.04 08:11 PM)randomjacker Wrote: [ -> ]As well you need to do what some consider a bad idea... Level hard.... be willing to have people several levels below you beat you for a bit... in the end you will get more dev per train and will pass them, always use the trainer and strive to get the best trainer possible....

Just the basics....

That's it, Preach. Forget always being 10-15 above your lvl in stats, powerlvl! We're living with some dated concept of AL.

That concept was with the old war code LOL... very dated. PvP wins were very important when loosing respect, best to be underestimated.

You still should have good stat though...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Reference URL's