Lets talk careers
2009.Nov.17, 12:13 PM
RE: Lets talk careers
(2009.Nov.17 12:12 PM)JohnRambo Wrote:  
(2009.Nov.17 12:10 PM)Dingus Wrote:  Ah biff...its just a game! Concentrate on the real life skills you lack, not the pretend ones on AL.

Care to elaborate?

all of them.

You're on a gravy train with biscuit wheels. -Ernie McCracken
2009.Nov.17, 12:14 PM
Stop
This post was last modified: 2009.Nov.17 12:34 PM by Weebay.
2009.Nov.17, 01:02 PM
(2009.Nov.17 11:33 AM)randomjacker Wrote:  
(2009.Nov.17 11:09 AM)Rafallol Wrote:  
(2009.Nov.17 11:00 AM)randomjacker Wrote:  
(2009.Nov.17 10:57 AM)Rafallol Wrote:  I think the careers are the best for new players.
They higher level you are the more useless careers are for you

How so?

I thought that should be obvious.
The higher level you are you have spend more ap per hour (for me its 22ap and 34ap)
and I gain as much as players with 1 level . For next level i need 750k exp when level 1 would need onlly 20 So few exp gain from careers are bearlny noticable by me but are huge adventage for low level . Similar is for stats gain or money earn

I see... and no not so obvious, since all level 1's can do that exact same thing as the other level 1... Just like all players with a high level stat get the same gain as anyone else at that level.... As well your ap per hour (and ep) are on a sliding scale so it will average about the same yeild in actual dev points.

It seems you are just diconnected with the lower levels... and I know you didn't have these advantages as a low level.... but every day you have another tool to grow beyond the guy starting tomorrow...
and that all 1 level players quicklty notice that their career will be less and less imortat for them as they progres in levels and stats
2009.Nov.17, 01:03 PM
(2009.Nov.17 12:08 PM)JohnRambo Wrote:  I don't believe manufacturing gives a greater daily average than any other career at the same rank. Rubbish.

No Manufacturing in general, Athletics, Medical, Science, and Politics tend to give a bit better CP per day than Engineer, Martial Art, Construction, and Military.

Manufacturing Rank1 vs Martial Art Rank1, you will see the max Manufacturing's CP gain per 1 rep is a pt higher than Martial Art.

It's not something make or break a deal. But, its a small bonus.

Amend
2009.Nov.17, 01:21 PM
ok raf .... You stop doing career's...
2009.Nov.17, 02:00 PM
i see where rafal is coming from on this, and i've even suggested that at least XP and $$ should SOMEWHAT scale based on level. nothing huge, but something to distinguish between level 1 doin a career an level 60

You attacked and hit for 761 damage against their hideout! Too bad nobody cares!
2009.Nov.17, 03:13 PM
(2009.Nov.17 02:00 PM)abysmalpoptart Wrote:  i see where rafal is coming from on this, and i've even suggested that at least XP and $$ should SOMEWHAT scale based on level. nothing huge, but something to distinguish between level 1 doin a career an level 60
I agree.
For example:
when you level up you your energy cost for attack increase but you can get more exp from targets and you can hospitalize for more minuts.
Similar should be for your career, you spend more ap so you should get soemthing extra
2009.Nov.17, 03:33 PM
gee, sounds like you guys want it geared toward the already established player...which would make the playing field even more imbalanced. ever think it's set up this way to build some sort of parity?

edit (for biff):
par⋅i⋅ty
–noun
1. equality, as in amount, status, or character.
2. equivalence; correspondence; similarity; analogy.
This post was last modified: 2009.Nov.17 03:36 PM by spacebird.

You're on a gravy train with biscuit wheels. -Ernie McCracken
2009.Nov.17, 03:34 PM
From what I see, you spend more AP in absolute terms but not in terms of percentages. If that's true then there should be no extra benefit for higher levels. That would give them a total superior advantage in relative and absolute terms.
2009.Nov.17, 04:23 PM
(2009.Nov.17 03:34 PM)OnwardTowardTheGlory Wrote:  From what I see, you spend more AP in absolute terms but not in terms of percentages. If that's true then there should be no extra benefit for higher levels. That would give them a total superior advantage in relative and absolute terms.

I'm pretty sure that it's the same percentage-wise. I might be wrong, though.

Whatever leniency I extended to you and your comrades before, may have been in error. If you persist in halting our course, we will burn your pathetic fleet down to the last man.