yes
no
not sure
[Show Results]

banks
2006.Jul.17, 05:02 PM
banks
Cancelled the idea.
People from my school made this unfair by voting. I did NOT ask them to.
2006.Jul.17, 05:17 PM

you mean kinda like the PASSWORD that you use to login to your account already? Seriously, i don't think you need a pin on your bank account.
2006.Jul.17, 05:24 PM

its for if your account gets hacked
2006.Jul.17, 05:25 PM

its only optional as well so if you dont think its necisarry you wouldnt have to use it
2006.Jul.17, 05:32 PM

Does your account get hacked often or something in other games?
2006.Jul.17, 06:04 PM

From a security standpoint, don't do the following...
  • Never share your password with anyone.
  • Don't use simple words.
  • Don't use obvious words, such as your email address.
  • Don't use family member names, birthdates, or pet names.
  • Don't use religious words (which seem to be very common).

Also, adding a number in place of a letter can throw off a lot of brute-force hack techniques.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2006.Jul.18, 06:43 AM

many people use keyloggers. Thius is basically the history of what you type. It doesnt matter if you tell people your password. The bank pin would be extra security.
2006.Jul.18, 07:07 AM

I assume you are using a public computer then?

If they are using a keystroke logger then they will just as easily get your "bank pin".

Maybe we don't understand your situation...
2006.Jul.18, 10:25 AM

the bank pin would not be typed. It would be a set of numbers you have to select using the mouse
2006.Jul.18, 01:30 PM

I don't see what the big deal is. Keylogger will just log your PIN, so instead of knowing 1 password, they now know 2.

If someone really wants to get into your account, your bank money is the least of your worries. I'd be slightly annoyed if I had to click numbers on the screen just to get into my bank account.

No offense, but I am sure the staff have better things to do than fiddle with a bank PIN system.