A little rebalancing of careers
2009.Aug.29, 05:55 AM
A little rebalancing of careers
I am sure this has been talked about before, and I think the careers should be rebalanced. Work experience is definately out of wack across all careers. Especially for engineering, it forces you to quit your current job to be effective; jumping to manufacturing to boost up your work experience.

We should be able to rememeber all of the skills learnt, but with penalty (in cost or effectiveness) if the skill you'd like to use is not your major career. Then have work experience/intellegence (let's get more of a use out of these two skills) give a bonus to use or let them decrease the cost of skills.

The cash output should at least rival the out put of a crime of similar AP.
2009.Aug.31, 10:06 AM
RE: A little rebalancing of careers
I like the 2nd part. Once a skill is learned, it should be available to you at any time, just with half the effectiveness if used while in another career.

p.s. Too lazy to post the links to the 3-4 other threads like this 1...
2009.Sep.02, 03:29 PM
(2009.Aug.31 10:06 AM)Thor Wrote:  p.s. Too lazy to post the links to the 3-4 other threads like this 1...

lies and slander, god of search never could be such

4:30 pm FuN2PwN attacked you and lost. Zerkin ain't easy.
2:50 pm SuP3Rn00b attacked you and lost. Zerkin still ain't easy.
13.Aug.14 SuP3R1 attacked you and lost. See above.

2009.Sep.02, 09:00 PM
a modest 0.7 conversion rate for military does make it quite difficult to keep up with other careers in a promotion race.. that, plus careers arent good for anything except XP (once ur above level 10 its actually better XP per action point than crimes) and gaining stats. beyond that..

You attacked and hit for 761 damage against their hideout! Too bad nobody cares!
2009.Sep.06, 01:59 PM
i didnt get it but i like the end part about how the cash payout should match a crime of similar AP.
2009.Sep.11, 06:40 PM
(2009.Sep.02 09:00 PM)abysmalpoptart Wrote:  a modest 0.7 conversion rate for military does make it quite difficult to keep up with other careers in a promotion race.. .

I would kill for .7
Engineering is like .08.. I know people that play AL with a higher BAC. I worked out the math the other day, with the way my CP per day is increasing now, I would have to be a level 50+ engineer to make the same WE in 1 day that a level 1 Manufacturer gets. I know the Engineer is a gang combat 'heavy', especially above level 8, but we aren't THAT unbalanced. You should be able to get 50 WE in 1 day's work by the time you get to level 10 or so.
2009.Sep.11, 07:25 PM
.08 for work experience? i think we're talking about different conversions here buddy.. theres NO career that gets that low. .8 maybe

You attacked and hit for 761 damage against their hideout! Too bad nobody cares!
2009.Sep.11, 11:21 PM
Read it and weep, I do... or point and laugh if you have a different career. WE for Engineers is ridiculously low. Abusively so, in my opinion.

Strength 1.00
Dexterity 1.40
Accuracy 4.00
Resistance 0.90
Intelligence 0.09
Endurance 0.03
Reputation 0.01
Work Experience 0.08

Like QQ said at the top of the thread. Engineers really have no choice but to leave their career to level up work experience.
This post was last modified: 2009.Sep.11 11:24 PM by infinite93.
2009.Sep.12, 09:10 AM
i'm 99% sure thats a typo or a mistake and its supposed to be .80. theres no way zenith would have one career at 2.0 then 1.3 and .7 then .08. it isnt int or endurance or rep. its a mistake.

2009.Sep.12, 05:40 PM
ive been talking with err, and he assures me its SUPPOSED to be .08. that makes no sense

100 manufacturing points = 200 work exp

100 military points = 70 work exp

100 engineering poitns = 8 work exp

that is completely and utterly unfair. the biggest differential in conversion rates should not be 25 times

some careers get .09 endu vs .03 endu, and then .04 rep vs .01 rep. why 2 vs .08? that makes NO sense