Gang Reputation & War
2007.Feb.21, 12:08 PM

assigning everyone a power level reminds me too much of dragonball. also, would it be possible to view your own power level somewhere, even if you are keeping the formula hidden?
2007.Feb.21, 02:28 PM

matt5250 Wrote:assigning everyone a power level reminds me too much of dragonball. also, would it be possible to view your own power level somewhere, even if you are keeping the formula hidden?

http://www.awakenedlands.com/forums/view...php?t=1120
2007.Feb.21, 02:36 PM

I dunno, I think posting it in the pantheon would reveal too much, cause it's basically a list of how strong people are. as it is you have to go on the pantheon in each stat and level, and then make a decision as to whether you think you are stronger or not.
2007.Feb.21, 05:39 PM

I have no problem for not having it in the pantheon but at least see our own rating would be cool.

Seems I can only get over 200 exp from only 3-4 players since this new system is on, which sucks if you consider I was getting 200-250 from any1 over lvl 19 I was attacking ...
2007.Feb.21, 05:52 PM

your telling me hydro, I'm in the same boat.
2007.Feb.21, 07:23 PM

i think the new system is awesome

it makes so much more sense. It only "sucks" for those who didnt get a change to abuse the old system. On the other hand, it actually slows down leveling progress at the top, so maybe it doesnt suck for them

I vote no for power rating.

If you only you know what it is and have nothing to compare it to, what good does it do?

If you start telling your friends and vice-versa, and they tell other people, how long until its practically posted? could this info could even be possibly used to manipulate the gang war system ?

if you want to know how powerful you are just do it the good 'ol way and attack someone. even if you lose you learn something, and losing isnt the end of the world.

my 2 cents
2007.Feb.21, 07:46 PM

I'm leaning towards keeping the power level numbers unknown for the time being. I actually wouldn't mind getting rid of levels for everyone to see too, but that's a change people might not be too keen about.

One of these days we might see some sort of surveillance option that tells you someone's relative power level, be it weaker, stronger, etc. As for actual numbers however, that's probably going to stay hidden.

The experience system should reward combat with people who pose a threat, otherwise what's the point?

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2007.Feb.21, 08:46 PM

Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm all for the new system, I was part of those complaining a guy 4 lvl under was giving the same exp as a guy 2 lvl above. I just stated it sucks because there's not a lot of people I can attack and still gain normal exp.
2007.Feb.21, 09:58 PM

hydro9226 Wrote:Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm all for the new system, I was part of those complaining a guy 4 lvl under was giving the same exp as a guy 2 lvl above. I just stated it sucks because there's not a lot of people I can attack and still gain normal exp.

Well, it's considered normal exp now Wink

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2007.Feb.21, 11:35 PM

wow, I totally thought I was in a different thread when I wrote that, lol.