Gang Reputation & War
2007.Feb.14, 02:39 PM

1. Is this respect exchange going to happen in fights outside gang wars?
2. ETA?

I would really like this to be the case for outside fights too. It would give them some meaning.

I like the idea. Way to go.
2007.Feb.14, 02:56 PM

Gang wars are the only way to gain gang respect and it's not changing anytime soon. So it will not be availabe outside of war.

As for the ETA, it's already done. I was just waiting for suggestions, responses, improvements to be posted before going live with it.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2007.Feb.14, 03:07 PM

Im just a bit worried about the possible exploits that might be done with this new system. dont think this is the place to mention possible exploits tho Razz

Key to success: "Dress everyday like you're gonna get murdered in those clothes.
2007.Feb.14, 03:09 PM

Quote:Gang wars are the only way to gain gang respect and it's not changing anytime soon. So it will not be availabe outside of war.

That's unfortunate. First I wanted to ask you for a reason for this, but I gather it would be hard to explain the reasons w/o explaining the game machanics. So I guess I'll have to trust you that this is best for the game.

Now.... where's my tools? I see a clunker around the corner...
2007.Feb.14, 03:55 PM

zenith Wrote:Gang wars are the only way to gain gang respect and it's not changing anytime soon. So it will not be availabe outside of war.
And what about gang crimes??!? lol

Is it the same formula if the attacker has more points than the defender but the defender wins?? Or does it become an even bigger upset?
2007.Feb.14, 04:06 PM

hydro9226 Wrote:
zenith Wrote:Gang wars are the only way to gain gang respect and it's not changing anytime soon. So it will not be availabe outside of war.
Is it the same formula if the attacker has more points than the defender but the defender wins?? Or does it become an even bigger upset?

Same formula.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2007.Feb.16, 02:30 AM

I just thought of 1 thing.

If the attacker has 3-9 more power points, he gains 1 and the other loses 1 but if a guy has 3-9 more points than me and I win I will for sure want to win more than 1 point (less than if he has 2 more and I win) and make him lose more than 1 too. It is a bigger upset than if we have only a 2 points difference, no?

Or is it me that didn't understood your last answer correctly? (I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case Smile )
2007.Feb.16, 11:13 AM

zenith Wrote:If the attacker is 3 to 9 less than the defender in power level and wins, the attacker gains 4 respect and the defender loses 4. REASON : This is an upset, but not a cinderella story. Perhaps the defender was weakened in some way that made the fight close.

Yep, its there. I'm assuming its still a 4 point swing if you fend off an attack from someone 3-9 > you?

Hrm, that that I look really closely, most the scenarios say what specifically happens to the ATTACKER, not the Outcome.

In fact iv been assuming all the "attacker loses" situations give identical results to the opposite corresponding situation...ie you defending successfully against someone 3-9 higher than you, would give the same outcome as if you attacked someone 3-9 higher.

is that correct?
2007.Feb.16, 07:32 PM

I knew I wasn't clear enough.

Simple answer. Assume the following:

You are at a 50 power level.
Your opponent is at a 45 power level.

Now if you attack and win you gain 1 and he loses 1.
If you attack and lose, they gain 4 and you lose 4.
If they attack and win they gain 4 and you lose 4.
If they attack and lose, they lose 1 and you gain 1.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2007.Feb.17, 03:50 AM

simple enough. we all smart. Smile