NBA
NHL
NFL
Poker-WPT
MLB
[Show Results]

All Star Sports gang
2007.Feb.09, 01:26 AM

agreed, baseball is one of the most boring sports to watch I can think of. even when you are at the game its bloody boring. I'd rather watch golf.
2007.Feb.09, 01:27 AM

man i knew i was still forgetting something
2007.Feb.09, 01:40 AM

lol, I can just picture the future of awakenedlands where there is a gang for every sports league and they routinely battle it out over differences of opinion on which sport is better.
2007.Feb.09, 05:59 AM

First of all, golf is awesome. Yes much better to play than watch, but i still love watching it.

Second of all, the only people who dis on baseball, are those who probably cant/have never even thrown one.

... or those who cant tell the difference between a fastball and a change-up

Im getting ready to go to War. lol

Not to mention that going to the ballpark to watch a game on a sunny day is one of the best things ever.... and you dont even have to like or understand baseball to appreciate that. unless you dont like sun, friends, beer, and relaxation. hell you can even talk if you want
2007.Feb.09, 06:16 AM

Hey OddJob, your showing your true age! lol Next you'll be defending bowling ang tennis, which where forgot also! :roll:

If God is our father, you thought, then Satan must be our cousin
2007.Feb.09, 06:56 AM

for me baseball is much better than golf because in golf, the phase of the game is so slooooooow, the player should walk to the ball, change clubs, calculate the angle,etc before he hits the ball, and is playing in an open field w/c has no roof or any protection agains uv rays. oddjob is right better to play it than watch .

baseball is more exciting because u will feel the tension from the players and the gameplay. (no further elaboration, im tired.lol)
2007.Feb.09, 10:56 AM

Quote:First of all, golf is awesome. Yes much better to play than watch, but i still love watching it.

Second of all, the only people who dis on baseball, are those who probably cant/have never even thrown one.

... or those who cant tell the difference between a fastball and a change-up

Im getting ready to go to War. lol

Not to mention that going to the ballpark to watch a game on a sunny day is one of the best things ever.... and you dont even have to like or understand baseball to appreciate that. unless you dont like sun, friends, beer, and relaxation. hell you can even talk if you want

ok, first off I love golf as well, it is one of my favourite games. It just happens to also be a game a lot of people find tedious to watch on tv.

second, I played baseball for most of my childhood and eventually quit because even playing it got quite boring for me. I don't expect everyone to feel the same way, I just agreed with what someone else wrote because I do agree with it.

third, as for sun, friends, beer and relaxation. why don't we go back to golf for that?
2007.Feb.09, 11:46 AM

lol

im actually a pretty decent golfer... about a 10 handicap... but no way is it relaxing... i often end up wanting to break something lol

i dont know why i can get into it on tv; but i do, granted not so much as most other sports unless its a close final round of a major.

And i resent that "age" comment Chiefeagle. im prob the same age as you son lol

i do in fact respect tennis alot. bowling not so much.
2007.Feb.09, 12:17 PM

oh, you're one of those golfers. I'm not quite so good, more like a 20 handicap, but golf's very relaxing for me, especially on a nice day with friends or family. I don't quite understand the people I see on the course that obviously play often and get so frustrated it must take a day off their life.
2007.Feb.09, 12:43 PM

matt5250 Wrote:oh, you're one of those golfers. I'm not quite so good, more like a 20 handicap, but golf's very relaxing for me, especially on a nice day with friends or family. I don't quite understand the people I see on the course that obviously play often and get so frustrated it must take a day off their life.

My secret is to play with people that I'm better than (like my boss). If I win by 6-8 strokes against them......I leave the course in a good mood. lol