Way to rule AL
2009.Aug.04, 08:07 AM
RE: Way to rule AL
(2009.Aug.04 08:05 AM)Prksoilder Wrote:  Wow its not fair that people get to use bots... Maybe you should make people use CAPTCHA every 30 min jus to prove their still online. . . I know how to use Autoers very nicely... but i dont use em cuz i actually like this game and dont want to get in trouble. =\

dont lie
2009.Aug.04, 08:10 AM
(2009.Aug.04 08:05 AM)Prksoilder Wrote:  Wow its not fair that people get to use bots... Maybe you should make people use CAPTCHA every 30 min jus to prove their still online. . . I know how to use Autoers very nicely... but i dont use em cuz i actually like this game and dont want to get in trouble. =\

Captcha was broken last year I believe. If there is an alternative solution I'm up for it. But remember, we have a number of legally blind players, and using captcha-like systems for phones royally sucks.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2009.Aug.04, 08:45 AM
Trouble in AL?

[Image: cheating-13288.jpg]

But their is one that they fear. In their tongue it is nova-king, DRAGONBORN!
2009.Aug.04, 10:10 AM
(2009.Aug.04 08:10 AM)zenith Wrote:  

Captcha was broken last year I believe. If there is an alternative solution I'm up for it. But remember, we have a number of legally blind players, and using captcha-like systems for phones royally sucks.

One of the greatest threats that massive multiplayer online games (MMOGs) face today is botting, a form of cheating in which a player uses a script to automate actions in a game without actually playing. This has a severe adverse effect on honest players and impacts their motivation to continue the game, threatening online game providers' subscription-based business model. However, if game companies make an effort at all to automatically detect bots, it's usually through signature checking for suspicious programs on the client side, essentially relying on information from an untrusted source beyond their control. To address the problem, we propose an automated approach to detect bots on the server side, solely based on character activity. Our approach is completely transparent to the end user and exploits the fact that bots follow a script that guides them through the virtual world. More precisely, by analyzing a character's movement data, we can extract waypoints and detect repeated paths. This allows us to find movement patterns that appear frequently, indicating that a character is controlled by a script and not a human player.

i got this from a website... I find this so true especially first few sentences Z. IF the bot problem does not get resolved other players will lose interest in the game because they kno they can not excel as well as a bot who can go for 24 hours...
2009.Aug.04, 10:15 AM
(2009.Aug.04 07:13 AM)Dingus Wrote:  Heres a rundown on how to exceed in AL:

1) Do NOT donate
2) Do NOT train
3) Attack helpless players over and over for exp
4) Level through the levels till level 40 (or even 50)
5) use stolen credits through exploit to up Endurance
6) Use training/crime bot to pass those playing for years

This is a fail safe method. look at all the less than year old players already well into level 40. Yes they missed the items in level 1 through 39 but zen will compensate for them.

Wait a minute..This is a ploy of some sort..
(2009.Aug.04 08:10 AM)zenith Wrote:  

That kind of shit is a boner kill. I've always hated it with other games, and it'll definitely rack my balls with this game, having to even bother with that.
This post was last modified: 2009.Aug.04 10:16 AM by TommiTheTaco.
2009.Aug.04, 10:25 AM
i seriously dont get why people arent more pissed off about this.... If their are bots their is no way u will be better then them... They play by themselves so how are u ever going to be better then them if u dont log in 24 hours a day?
2009.Aug.04, 10:32 AM
(2009.Aug.04 10:25 AM)Prksoilder Wrote:  i seriously dont get why people arent more miffed off about this.... If their are bots their is no way u will be better then them... They play by themselves so how are u ever going to be better then them if u dont log in 24 hours a day?

do they have a Bot donate $2k for them too? i do agree this is upsetting though. we need to weed them out and destroy them.

Dingus, you head up the investigation committee.

Round 1
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1338 damage.
Round 2
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1373 damage.
Round 4
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1151 damage. g2o2d4wp sulks.
2009.Aug.04, 10:39 AM
we do need to destroy em... and i want to be on the investigation commitee. i want to destroy these bots...
2009.Aug.04, 10:43 AM
"Dingus, you head up the investigation committee."

I'm on it. Three potential bogies in sight!
2009.Aug.04, 10:48 AM
who are the bogies... =( ill murder them... i mean place them in fed jail where they belong... and make sure they have a big black friend with them...