What would your future plans be for AL
2009.Jul.26, 12:04 PM
RE: What would your future plans be for AL
Good ridance, don't let the door hit you on the way out. May be a tight squeeze for a man of your structure, good job it's a double door hey?

Good ideas biff, i likey.
2009.Jul.26, 12:49 PM
(2009.Jul.26 08:49 AM)biffbaffboff Wrote:  How about the politicians having more say in AL.
Taxing area's ,council tax, gang extortion, forcloser of gangs.

Gang jump.Choose 2/3/4 players from your gang to launch 1 simultanius assault on another player.

Weekly gang war's for control of 1 AL district.Owning the right to your district means anyone traveling through your district has to pay a toll to the gang.10% of the travel cost goes straight to the gang.

By far my favorites, love these 3 especially gang jump and the gang warring for a district.

Suggestions on how the district would work:
May be tied into the AL police department of some kind....Any gang would be able to declare war on the district police department (controlled by NPCs players that automatically deal X amount of damage per refresh to opposing gang?) and if they take down the police hideout they get control of the district and say ... 4% or so of all crimes commited in that district goes into the gang vault at the end of each day. (for downtown ... would have to figure out the other districts, maybe some sort of gangwide bonus or a discount in the stores of that district from bullying the shop owners with no police around)

If your gang controls the district then other gangs would have to war you instead of the police department. You automatically lose control of the district at the end of the day when your paid due to swat / FBI / Military and you get an event like a Gang OC to show payment.

I think this would be amazing in re installing gang wars as important again. Gang jump would be easy enough, just have one person initiate it and the other gang members have to accept it from an event to jump someone. Not sure how that combat code would go though.
Ahh and I'd make it so that no gang could get control of the same district more then once a week or so. Wouldn't want some of the tougher gangs keeping certains districts 24/7 and getting even further ahead of other gangs. This way gangs would have to cycle through the districts and fight over the favored ones after the big guys have had their turn with it.
2009.Jul.26, 01:08 PM
It's funny how clever people always know all the similarities to all the other games.

Yet, most of the time, I got know frackin idea of what they're talking about. See, some ideas, even if seen before elsewhere, might be good in here. The problem might just be that you're spreading your gaming time through too many different hobbies. That is a sign of severe incontinence sometimes.

8:50 pm BlackHand attacked you and lost.
2009.Jul.26, 01:20 PM
My plan for District control by gangs would work like this.

All gangs who want to control DTD would add their names to the war.Same for midlan etc.You can only add 1 distric to the gang.I.e your gang gets one shot at one district.

At a set time its gang war free for all.Who is to say the big gangs would win? Lets suppose 10 small gangs collude to take down sv's,collaborate and make a fight of it.Once sv's is destroyed they could fight it out with each other.This tactic would add more to the game through family association and allies.The last gang standing wins the rights to be paid daily 3% of all crimes committed in that district and 10% travel.Any weapons or items purchased would also get a 5% payout.

The winning gang would have control over the district for a week.Then the names go into the hat again.No gang can control any district for more than 2 weeks concurrent.
Gang jump 2/3/4 member attack.

Lets say I am 50% chance of beating behemoth in a battle.I could if I wanted declare myself,shadowjack and vanguard to do a 3 way attack on him.

Starting with the weakest vanguard attacks,does 200 damage.Shadowjack follows with 300 damage,both have been defeated.
Then its my turn.I would have full health behemoth only in fair.If I succeed in beating him,he would get a longer stay in hospital,around 50% more than average.

The status of myself may show fair,shadowjack would be at "near death" vanguard "near death" but none of us would be in hospital.

The cost of the attack would be the same as for a normal attack.We would all lose the energy requirments for an attack.

It could also be added for 2 strong players.Lets suppose marlo and weebay want to hosp shadowguard.The normal result would be a loss,what with the new code.

However the 2 colluding together to hosp him would stand a better chance of success.
2009.Jul.26, 01:37 PM
I really, really, really like the multiple attacks on one person idea.

One of the best I've heard since I've been playing me thinks.

5.) You hit for 1073 points of damage. (xx) resists 20 for a total of 1053 damage. <-- My first crit over 1K - no candy. :-) 2/14/10

29.) You hit for 1120 points of damage. Xavier Halcon resists 54 for a total of 1066 damage. <-- 2/15/10!
2009.Jul.26, 01:38 PM
the gang controlling a district is a very good idea, is it likely to be added zen?

4:18 pm
New! Jack Mort attacked you and lost.

4:15 pm
New! Rafal attacked you and lost.
2009.Jul.26, 02:32 PM
(2009.Jul.26 12:04 PM)badmanbren Wrote:  Good ridance, don't let the door hit you on the way out. May be a tight squeeze for a man of your structure, good job it's a double door hey?

Good ideas biff, i likey.

Clever, Hyde. Got another identity, too?

As for these ideas, some of them are good ideas, but some of them, technically, exist already.
2009.Jul.26, 02:35 PM
I agree with the two above, multi player hits and district controlling should be added.

District control would make gang warring important again, and the free for all part is probably a good idea about who gets the district though I think there should be more then one district per week to take. Maybe a different district goes up each day of the week and when you win it you get that district for the week.

Then again how would a war for the level 60 district go? lolz
2009.Jul.26, 02:39 PM
All districs would be up for grabs every week.Your gang just decides which to try to own.But you only get 1 shot at a district so you have to choose wisely.

You could go for dt and so could 70% of AL.
ALternatively go for midlan you may have to fight only 3 gangs.

Obviously the most popular districts would get the highest participation.
2009.Jul.26, 02:42 PM
I'm loving the gang jump idea.

I have images of everyone jumping Pun like all the Agent Smiths on Neo in whichever Matrix movie that happened in.

1.) You hit for 1445 points of damage. XXXXX resists 29 for a total of 1416 damage.