Anyone Notice Today?
2009.Jul.22, 05:47 PM
RE: Anyone Notice Today?
No problem. You have your opinion I have mine. And we have the forums so we can both voice our opinions.
(2009.Jul.22 05:45 PM)superdude Wrote:  A password can be reset without ever knowing your private password. If someone who was inactive was equipped by zen then when they tried to log back in they wouldnt be able to. And would have to mail zen for a the "new" password until that person changes it back to their own again.

In the future if we are going to go inactive maybe send a mail to zen stating your going inactive for X amount of time and ask her not to change your character. She could easily archive it for her records and reference.

With all that extra work, she might as well make a new NPC. lmao
This post was last modified: 2009.Jul.22 05:48 PM by SisterLynx.
2009.Jul.22, 05:57 PM
Hmm, even if the code was made so it doesnt affect unequipped players, there would still be players buying a knife to equip before going offline. I'm not sure there is a "fix" to this unless it is completely remove.

Could keeping the bonus xp for hard fight and removing the half xp code do it? Even there, some players would probably find something to say about it.
I cant hide that I hate getting 168 xp for beating up an inactive or even an active level 41 but if its the way AL is going, I wont leave the boat for that.
2009.Jul.22, 05:57 PM
Admins shoudnt mess up with players accounts even when they are inactive
2009.Jul.22, 06:01 PM
Let's not forget that w00k's character is probably the evolution of about $3000 - $5000 in real dollar donations *that could be a low figure**

I would think that would reserve him the right to equip or unequip at his discretion

9:42 pm
New! WilliamR (aka Punisher) attacked you and lost.

3:07 am
New! Howl attacked you and lost.
8:53 pm Conrad attacked you and lost.
2009.Jul.22, 06:02 PM
(2009.Jul.22 05:57 PM)Rafallol Wrote:  Admins shoudnt mess up with players accounts even when they are inactive

Zenith could mess with my account. Give me +5 stats in everything. Wink I wouldn't complain one bit.
2009.Jul.22, 06:05 PM
(2009.Jul.22 05:47 PM)SisterLynx Wrote:  No problem. You have your opinion I have mine. And we have the forums so we can both voice our opinions.
(2009.Jul.22 05:45 PM)superdude Wrote:  A password can be reset without ever knowing your private password. If someone who was inactive was equipped by zen then when they tried to log back in they wouldnt be able to. And would have to mail zen for a the "new" password until that person changes it back to their own again.

In the future if we are going to go inactive maybe send a mail to zen stating your going inactive for X amount of time and ask her not to change your character. She could easily archive it for her records and reference.

With all that extra work, she might as well make a new NPC. lmao

It takes less than 30 seconds to do all that. WAY longer to code a new NPC.

Support your local 81
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

()()
(ºº) Biffi ----->
(__)

I own inpaces left nut. See here.
2009.Jul.22, 07:34 PM
(2009.Jul.22 06:05 PM)superdude Wrote:  It takes less than 30 seconds to do all that. WAY longer to code a new NPC.

Really it shouldn't take that long to code a new NPC either. She's already got a "go by" char code that all she would have to do is tweak it and adjust it accordingly.
This post was last modified: 2009.Jul.22 07:34 PM by BadLuck.
2009.Jul.22, 07:47 PM
Really. I was merely trying to address what some thought was Zen accessing ones account with their own password. But Im aware she probably code to base most anything off of. Still prolly takes her a good minute at least. Wink

Support your local 81
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

()()
(ºº) Biffi ----->
(__)

I own inpaces left nut. See here.
2009.Jul.22, 07:53 PM
Oh I'm sure it's not a 20 second thing Razz

I dont exactly agree with locking the person account out though. How would the person know to mail Zenith? She'd have to code a little box to pop up with her email address and a message saying to mail her to get their account back.
2009.Jul.23, 01:22 AM
Most of you guys make me laugh.
w00k logged in (your kinda forgetting this small detail) to purposely UNEQUIP!

That was saying F U zen.I aint coming back,no-one will get extra exp from me, I don't care for you or the game or anyone else.I'll decide how I leave the game not you zen.

Yeah W/E w00k.

Zen change his pass,equip him,show him who is boss.

w00k is such a loser.