Anyone Notice Today?
2009.Jul.22, 05:02 PM
RE: Anyone Notice Today?
As far as I'm concerned, after a certain amount of time of inactivity, the character becomes even more property of the owners of the game than before. Is there anything that the majority wouldn't complain about?

Aww the twinks are all gathering together!
2009.Jul.22, 05:09 PM
(2009.Jul.22 05:02 PM)BlackHand Wrote:  As far as I'm concerned, after a certain amount of time of inactivity, the character becomes even more property of the owners of the game than before. Is there anything that the majority wouldn't complain about?

As with all online games, the game in all aspects from chars to weapons are already property of Zenith. She can do basically whatever she wants with our chars and there's really nothing we can do about it.

I do agree that if she does equip an inactive user, that person, NOR the community should get upset about it. It's really petty to get uptight about something like this, ESPECIALLY, when it's not the chars player/creator. Everyone does look for a chance to lowball an admin of a game for any little thing they do wrong, thats to be expected.

To flat out diss an admin over something or complain about "privacy" is actually rather funny. There is NO privacy in this game, the admins can read your mails, check your stats, move you around, ban you, delete you. Zenith is AL's version of God and thats all there is too it. If you cant accept that, well I'm sorry you're going to have to anyway Razz
2009.Jul.22, 05:12 PM
zen was trying to give you people what you want more targets and yet you still complain nothing makes you people happy does it
why not use wook as an npc he doesnt play anymore and having him around is using up space on the server it makes sence to me
turning inactives into npcs seems totaly reasonable to me it would be easier then making new players from scratch
2009.Jul.22, 05:21 PM
(2009.Jul.22 05:12 PM)renkotsu Wrote:  zen was trying to give you people what you want more targets and yet you still complain nothing makes you people happy does it
why not use wook as an npc he doesnt play anymore and having him around is using up space on the server it makes sence to me
turning inactives into npcs seems totaly reasonable to me it would be easier then making new players from scratch

What happens when the inactives come back? That does happen.
2009.Jul.22, 05:23 PM
if that were to happen then could she not change them back so they can once again use them
2009.Jul.22, 05:28 PM
Lets just agree to disagree here then. I would feel violated to come back after being inactive and the admin messed with my account. Would probally take it as the admin didn't want me to come back. I mean... how hard is it to make a NPC?
2009.Jul.22, 05:33 PM
if you were gone lets say a year or more would you really expect zen to think your comming back ?
probably not hard at all but can you see what im saying about saving server space i mean the guy is just sitting there not doing anything anyways
2009.Jul.22, 05:38 PM
I'm free to leave and come back as I please.

It's been that way since the beginning of the game. If they want to put a limit on how long you can be inactive it should be a new rule. Then after the set time make them automatic NPC's.

Then the ones that want to restart their characters can leave for a year and start over?
Zen does not have problems with server space anymore. That was taken care of already.
This post was last modified: 2009.Jul.22 05:39 PM by SisterLynx.
2009.Jul.22, 05:41 PM
ok so you dont see it the way i do and thats cool i dont have any more points to give and not gonna argue what ive previously said with you
2009.Jul.22, 05:45 PM
A password can be reset without ever knowing your private password. If someone who was inactive was equipped by zen then when they tried to log back in they wouldnt be able to. And would have to mail zen for a the "new" password until that person changes it back to their own again.

In the future if we are going to go inactive maybe send a mail to zen stating your going inactive for X amount of time and ask her not to change your character. She could easily archive it for her records and reference.

Support your local 81
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

()()
(ºº) Biffi ----->
(__)

I own inpaces left nut. See here.