experience from attacking
2007.Jan.25, 04:29 AM

LordSkie Wrote:just thought I'd bring this up on the back of some new data...

Myself and raf compare attacks a lot, and he's hit lv 29 recently- I'm still 26. He's reporting more than a few attacks on players between lv 22-24 where he gets over 300 XP, which I've NEVER seen- I think I might have got 290 once, we're hitting the same targets.

The strange thing is, he wasn't getting 300's before he hit 28/29 either. It seems that the higher his level, the MORE XP he gets, whereas I've always noticed at lower levels the complete opposite, the bigger the difference in levels, the less XP you get.

Don't suppose you could shed any light on this?

XP is relative to the combatants levels. He might gain a little more than you in certain situations, but he has a LOT more to earn for the next level.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2007.Jan.25, 08:30 AM

I have never had more the 250 in exp before, i have attacked people 3 levels above me and 5 or 6 below. The range of exp i get is very random, i have had 250 from someone 5 levels below me and had 150 from someone above me. I tend to get less from higher levels then i do from people a level below me.

I go for people about 1 or 2 levels below me as this is where i get the best exp.

Saying all that its very hard to attack anyone around my level sometimes, so i think everyone else should not attack anyone for a few weeks whilst i compile some data on this. Twisted :wink:
2007.Jan.25, 09:03 AM

zenith Wrote:
LordSkie Wrote:just thought I'd bring this up on the back of some new data...

Myself and raf compare attacks a lot, and he's hit lv 29 recently- I'm still 26. He's reporting more than a few attacks on players between lv 22-24 where he gets over 300 XP, which I've NEVER seen- I think I might have got 290 once, we're hitting the same targets.

The strange thing is, he wasn't getting 300's before he hit 28/29 either. It seems that the higher his level, the MORE XP he gets, whereas I've always noticed at lower levels the complete opposite, the bigger the difference in levels, the less XP you get.

Don't suppose you could shed any light on this?

XP is relative to the combatants levels. He might gain a little more than you in certain situations, but he has a LOT more to earn for the next level.

That's good news as far as I'm concerned- I know how much harder levelling gets as you get stronger. But it goes against everything I've seen in the game so far, the lower you go in attacking players, the less XP you get... so it does seem very strange to suddenly change in the high 20's.
2007.Jan.25, 11:10 AM

It doesn't change suddenly in the 20s, it's just more noticable. The amount of XP needed to gain a level increases the higher you get. When you think about it, the higher levels might gain more XP but they actually need to defeat more high-level opponents to advance.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2007.Jan.25, 11:53 AM

First time when i started attack CASANOVA I wos level 25 or 26 and i keep attacking him since then. Now Im 29 and he is very easy target for me but he seem to give me more and more exp. Recently i even got 315 exp :shock:
When I was 27 and below he never give me more that 290 so its quite strange. I noticed that for other targets to
I dont see any logic in that :?
2007.Jan.25, 12:10 PM

I have done over 40 attacks today and not once did i get anything over 250exp Sad . I did notice that i got very good exp (over 210 everytime) from a lvl 19. I have also attacked a lvl 21 and 22 lots today and i rarely got over 200 exp. It seems strange :?

I really dont mind about the level but how cant i get over 250 exp if others are getting near 300??, is it something todo with weapons or stats?
2007.Jan.25, 12:27 PM

I hear you on that berry... it does seem strange, 250 is what I'm getting from 21-24, yet hitting the exact same people, raf's getting above 300 reasonably often.

I'm not having a go here, in the slightest, it's just strange because the game tapers to becoming harder as you go on- you need more and more XP to level, and need to attack harder targets. That challenge seems to die out here though, because you get as much for 20/21's as you do 24/25's. I'm cool with lv 30's getting 350 xp an attack, if they're hitting lv 26 players- but it's kinda weird they get MORE for hitting the same targets as a lower player.

I remember hitting inactives like Monte (lv 16) and getting around 180 XP from him at lv 17/18. I tried him as a test when I was well into 20's, and got something like 120, which (at the time) confirmed the level difference affecting XP gain. This just totally turns that theory on it's head though.
2007.Jan.25, 08:09 PM

I think it also has alot to do with your level. I'm a level 22 and get more exp from the same people I was attacking at level 21 but now I need ALOT more experience to go to next level. IMO I believe the higher the level the more experience you get in order that you don't get "stagnet" in a level. (I can explain it alot better in my head than I can typing it here! lol )

Kinda like if I fought over and over, I would learn what can and can't be done with my body therefore getting more experience each time I fight that person. If I fight someone new, I learn but I don't always see the error of my ways until couple of fights with that same person.

If God is our father, you thought, then Satan must be our cousin
2007.Jan.25, 10:30 PM

Stop smoking, it's bad for your health... lol

What you all want to know is why I'm getting 180-210 exp from attacking lvl 18-20 (I'm level 20) but never got more than 200 (most of the time around 165-180) from attacking a level 21, which in all logic, should give me more for attacking a higher level than lower ones.

Is that it? At least, it's what I'm wondering here.
2007.Jan.25, 11:33 PM

OK, let me try to explain it again in a different way...

Take the amount you gain for any opponent.
Divide that by what you need for the next level.

The result will be a decimal under 1.00. This is the percentage of XP you have just earned to the next level.

Now start comparing your results from other players. You will notice something simple.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin