what happened to cyber removal?
2009.Jul.30, 12:36 AM
RE: what happened to cyber removal?
My opinion: Wasted time. You already put 'em in with cash. You've got +1/3-1/2 a stat point(Seems that's what you get, from some people's reactions to cybernetic pieces being mostly hype). You have to pay MORE cash to get a fraction of the humanity you spent on the item, which isn't going to make your happiness refresh much faster, if any at all.

I don't have any borgs, so my opinion might be blown off, but this just seems like a win-lose scenario for the imaginary bankers and fat-cats of the game in relation to you. They win, you lose. That's really how I see it(Sorry cyborgs..).
2009.Jul.30, 12:42 AM
(2009.Jun.20 02:52 PM)Dingus Wrote:  Does anything work right in this game?

fedjail?

Conrad attacked the Wranglers and Lost.

Fighting Phish since 2007
2009.Jul.30, 12:42 AM
(2009.Jul.30 12:36 AM)TommiTheTaco Wrote:  My opinion: Wasted time. You already put 'em in with cash. You've got +1/3-1/2 a stat point(Seems that's what you get, from some people's reactions to cybernetic pieces being mostly hype). You have to pay MORE cash to get a fraction of the humanity you spent on the item, which isn't going to make your happiness refresh much faster, if any at all.

I don't have any borgs, so my opinion might be blown off, but this just seems like a win-lose scenario for the imaginary bankers and fat-cats of the game in relation to you. They win, you lose. That's really how I see it(Sorry cyborgs..).

I disagree... I agree that if you chose borgs because you arent rich and don't think you will ever be able to get the end u need for the good weapons, thats dumb... u will still need the end. Same for getting it too young... bad choice because u dont have the hum to support it. It takes 4ever to get your happy back and slows down your trains.

I however have so much at this point that i wish to get some... since my whopping hum only gets me into trouble quicker if i'm not paying attention.
(2009.Jul.30 12:42 AM)Moriarty Wrote:  
(2009.Jun.20 02:52 PM)Dingus Wrote:  Does anything work right in this game?

fedjail?

Not really... sometimes they come back. Neutral
This post was last modified: 2009.Jul.30 12:43 AM by Howl.

Using your Riot Axe you hit for 4724 points of damage. XXX resists 102 for a total of 4622 damage.

steve says
chesticles?
steve says
you sure got some big chesticles, howl
2009.Jul.30, 12:51 AM
Gain:

+Stats
Humanity(Taking off)

Loss:

Time in the hospital(Putting on/taking off)
Humanity(Putting on[More than taking off])
Money(Putting on/taking off)

Really? +4 humanity from the +7-10 humanity you put into buying the things? I don't see that as a win.
2009.Jul.30, 05:49 AM
(2009.Jul.29 11:01 PM)randomjacker Wrote:  bottom line I agree with connie... and that doesn't happen often...
I own my mistakes... I doubt I will remove my mistakes, I own them!
own what you do! I own my borgs! some were mistakes... but oh well...

Yes, I have no intention of removing my borgs if said system is brought about. I love my borgs, granted most of us were unaware of the reprocussions getting implanted would have in the beginning, but even after, I continued on squashing my humanity rating into a bloody pulp. For me on a personal level, this is a nonissue because I've never been a big stat/level racer, the games always been more about the people i was involved with (good or bad).

But still, when a system for removing the borgs is even being considered, thats a pretty obvious sign that they are not working. And for all the other borgs out there who'd like to remain so, it should atleast be looked at.
2009.Jul.30, 05:55 AM
the way i see it, it plainly says the cybers can not be removed, so as for me i have 3 myself and i chose them very careful, good luck on this thread, i think it should stay that cybers can not be removed
2009.Jul.30, 06:35 AM
(2009.Jul.30 05:55 AM)shadowinc Wrote:  the way i see it, it plainly says the cybers can not be removed, so as for me i have 3 myself and i chose them very careful, good luck on this thread, i think it should stay that cybers can not be removed

i was about to say the exact thing. there are warnings all over the place about how they are permanent, cannot be removed, etc. if you are going to be able to remove them, then you should be able to remove/swap your skils for another skill....swap your career level for another career....swap your RES stat for another stat.

fact is, everyone is responsible for every decision they have made. you should learn from each mistake. if you keep on making the same mistake....then youre an idiot and the only one to blame is yourself. Zen shouldnt have to come and bail you out.
This post was last modified: 2009.Jul.30 06:36 AM by Conrad1103.

Round 1
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1338 damage.
Round 2
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1373 damage.
Round 4
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1151 damage. g2o2d4wp sulks.
2009.Jul.30, 12:26 PM
based on the test results, I wouldn't want mine removed. the reason I brought it up was because it seemed like a hot issue with test sites and everything and then it just died.

9:42 pm
New! WilliamR (aka Punisher) attacked you and lost.

3:07 am
New! Howl attacked you and lost.
8:53 pm Conrad attacked you and lost.
2009.Jul.30, 01:27 PM
I thought about cybers alot today and I have decided to do something I have never or probably will ever do again. I am retracting a statement :O Now that sym-paks are in the game, with an appropriate cash flow to keep yourself stocked with bioplex and sym-paks, I think you can be just as viable to play cyborged out as you can human. Granted you will never keep up in happiness refreshing but like its been said before, you have to pay something right? Anyway, here is my retraction:

I, The Geek, hereby retract my statement wherein I made known that I did not believe cyberware to be balanced in Awakened Lands.
2009.Jul.30, 08:43 PM
(2009.Jul.30 12:51 AM)TommiTheTaco Wrote:  Gain:

+Stats
Humanity(Taking off)

Loss:

Time in the hospital(Putting on/taking off)
Humanity(Putting on[More than taking off])
Money(Putting on/taking off)

Really? +4 humanity from the +7-10 humanity you put into buying the things? I don't see that as a win.

Lets have this discussion again when 1 of your stats is at 75 natural and you have 15-20 humanity and it takes a month or 2 to level it Smile

As for my borgs, I did borg these last 2 days, Im happy with those but as with everything, some of my first borgs I bought are now useless and yes, if the possibility is there, I'd like to have them removed. not swapped like some players said.