Random thought for a Contest Idea.
2009.May.29, 11:27 PM
Random thought for a Contest Idea.
Just wanted to throw this into consideration,
maybe give an idea to Zen and Err for an interesting make-up for an organized contest event.

I was playing a little classic slice of video-game pie the other day,
Legend of Zelda, Ocarina of Time, for the N64,

and played the part where the protagonist Link has a one on one duel with a dark alter-ego representation of himself, "Dark-Link" if you will.

Spurred a fun idea in my mind;

A contest, where the premise lies in victory in combat over yourself.

Bare with me,
Perhaps Ares Macrotech pioneers a new interactive combat simulation software, allowing people to spar in combat with digital/holographic/virtual reality representations of themselves.

It shouldn't be too hard (I'd imagine) to program the game to calculate a fight log between a player, and an exact clone of said player's stats, skills and equipment.

Make it so when you bite-off, half the normal hospital time, (dump shock from being defeated in a virtual reality simulator)

and lower the normal xp gains for winning to around 1/4 of the norm,
(learning valuable combat insight from the sparring) , or perhaps just eliminate the xp gain all together.

Winner of the contest would be the player with the most successful victories against their "alter-egos" in the simulator for the day.

I think it'd be fun, interesting, and with the randomness element of the combat system, and the fact that it wouldn't be biased for higher/lower lvl players, as they'd all compete against identical copies of themselves, it'd be fun and fair for anyone wanting to participate.

Thoughts?
This post was last modified: 2009.May.29 11:28 PM by Prophesy.

"It takes only one drink to get me drunk. The trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth or the fourteenth." George F. Burns
2009.May.29, 11:37 PM
RE: Random thought for a Contest Idea.
it's been thought up before.........

waiting for Thor to research and post link hehe

If God is our father, you thought, then Satan must be our cousin
2009.May.29, 11:42 PM
"All this has happened before; and will happen again..., again..., again.."

Well darn,
was pretty proud of myself, thought it was pretty original,
well,
still has merit I'd say.
Any comments/critiques to the idea itself?

"It takes only one drink to get me drunk. The trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth or the fourteenth." George F. Burns
2009.May.29, 11:48 PM
SIMPSONS DID IT!

lol

but to comment something besides an old southpark episode, i like it. wonder how many stalemates there would be. if there is a stalemate and your alterego is in fair, you eat a nimbar does the alterego eat one too? then your both healthy or does AE stay in fair?

input people. dont make thor do all the work around here lol
This post was last modified: 2009.May.29 11:50 PM by freeksta3798.

BUILD A MAN A FIRE AND HE IS WARM FOR A DAY
SET THAT MAN ON FIRE AND HE IS WARM FOR LIFE
2009.May.29, 11:56 PM
im for it.... sounds fun

If I want to manufacture biological weapons with my copy of iTunes, I will, fascists. Ditch this bullshit.
6.) You hit for 1245 points of damage. **** resists 34 for a total of 1211 damage.
2009.May.29, 11:56 PM
wasnt that what the ghoul hunt contest was?

()()
(ºº)
(__)

go stare in the mirror and say to yourself you're the greatest then you and your fan of one wont be so lonely.

Life isn't like a box of chocolates. It's more like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow
2009.May.30, 12:01 AM
(2009.May.29 11:48 PM)freeksta3798 Wrote:  wonder how many stalemates there would be. if there is a stalemate and your alterego is in fair, you eat a nimbar does the alterego eat one too? then your both healthy or does AE stay in fair?

I'd assume, and ideally, at the moment the combat is triggered, it'd be an exact replication of the players current status, ie, same hp, same equipment, same everything.

If your "oppenent" fought at healthy everytime, than anyone serious about making a strong showing on the contest would probably have to spend more money on Nimbus than it's worth, healing to healthy to fight more quickly,

I'd make it (in my perfect "no-programming-skills-required" world) where it's generated instantly during combat start, that the players current condition is instantly cloned, so basically "Fair Condition" equals a fight against a "Fair Condition" clone, and so forth
(2009.May.29 11:56 PM)Acooper Wrote:  wasnt that what the ghoul hunt contest was?

If I recall,
deffinately similar,
but the Ghouls were lvld in such a way that they'd be the same, or at least near the same power lvl of the players fighting them,

In this idea, slightly different premise, as the targets are exact duplicates of the players, down to the armor, stats, skills, weapons, and the whole 9.

Similar idea, surely,
and thanks for reminding me of that,
makes me feel pretty confident that if the Ghoul Hunt contest programming exists already, it wouldnt be too terribly difficult, from an Admin point of view, to implement this idea. Again, speaking without any real understanding of programming.
This post was last modified: 2009.May.30 12:04 AM by Prophesy.

2009.May.30, 12:17 AM
Sounds like a cool idea. My alter drunken ego needs to get his ass kicked.
2009.May.30, 12:26 AM
http://www.awakenedlands.com/forums/view...ghoul+hunt

()()
(ºº)
(__)

go stare in the mirror and say to yourself you're the greatest then you and your fan of one wont be so lonely.

Life isn't like a box of chocolates. It's more like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow
2009.May.30, 12:31 AM
Nice job finding that link,
perhaps it was indeed more in-line with this idea than I had thought.

Well,
"sometimes a great notion..."
Neutral

Someone always beats me to the good ideas,
I thought of the Sham-Wow,
Oxy-Clean,
Big City Slider Station,
George Foreman Grill,
and the Snuggie before those schmucks too! Cry