idea
2009.May.13, 12:29 PM
RE: idea
I say post where ever you want. But I'm the resident A$$hole Eek
2009.May.13, 12:36 PM
(2009.May.13 12:29 PM)Dingus Wrote:  I say post where ever you want. But I'm the resident arsehole Eek

This would be fine, if people never posted dumbass ideas. Not calling Kingdom a dumbass, this idea wasn't as dumb as others.
2009.May.13, 12:49 PM
Well i'm just sayin that my excuse for never posting in the correct forum.... Razz now his excuse could be that he's just blind.... dunnoRedface

Using your Riot Axe you hit for 4724 points of damage. XXX resists 102 for a total of 4622 damage.

steve says
chesticles?
steve says
you sure got some big chesticles, howl
2009.May.13, 12:51 PM
This idea ain't bad, really. If you do a crime with double the amount of AP, you still wouldn't add up to how much you would with a gang attack. So, it'd be worth it, experience-wise.

Wouldn't mind seeing it.
2009.May.13, 01:18 PM
Yer, I dunno it feels to me like I've lost more if I gain nothing after a lost war. Not that I personally gain much from a succesful war. Either way, wrong thread. Razz
2009.May.13, 02:35 PM
#1) i agree this should be in the game forum and feed back section. ihate it when tons of ideas go in gen discussion. but i still think this is an interesting idea

#2) i'll do the math in a second, unless zeon beats me to it. the math of lost .. well.. everything from using all AP on gang wars. give me a minute here

#3) the math

lets just do this math for ... a level 30 player. why not!!

so a level 30 player has what.. 63AP?

so if that level 30 player is able to complete (for the sake of argument) 2 ponzi schemes per full set of AP at 27AP per crime, which earn him/her an average of $950 per crime (i get $1,050 to $1,100 per crime, which INCLUDES failures, so i am accounting for that in a level 30).

a level 30 player also gets 7 AP regen (i believe)

assuming the player can play up to 8 hours per day (not including careers), this will account for 24 - 25 ponzi schemes per day. that means this player will earn, at a minimum, $22,000 per day (assuming they can play 8 hours and dont fail every crime), and $25,000+ if no failures. this is also if the player is limited to 8 hours straight playing after careers (i only accounted for the 7 ap regeneration, not initial 63 action points.)

now, theres EXP involved as well. i do not know how much XP the average level 30 would get from a ponzi scheme, but it would probably be comparibly significant, possibly 30XP, if not more. thats upwards of 700XP daily from ponzi schemes, which is NOT a lot, but it does add up. remember, this is all based on 8 hours of play, and this is based on not being jailed.

so, over time, this amount of AP lost to gang wars (especially if you do not WIN the gang wars often) results in a significant loss of money, and a moderate loss of XP.

based on these averages, the amounts you would lose are approximately:

$720,000 and 21,000 XP in 30 days

$1,400,000 and 42,000 XP in 60 days

and $8,760,000 and 255,000 XP in one year

again, this is based on the averages for a level 30 player who plays 8 hours per day, and it does account for some failures of a ponzi scheme.

these numbers would be slightly different if you account for a different crime since you cant complete a ponzi scheme enough. if you did insurance fraud or GTA sports car, it would still add up to about $20,000 per day if you played for 8 hours at level 30, and the numbers would not be significantly altered.

and, btw, most players who care that they are effected by AP and gang wars and such are playing more than 8 hours per day (8 hours worth of AP, not 8 hours of sitting in front of the screen)

so yes, i think people should be rewarded for participating in war, win or lose. they arent, which is why i dont participate in them Smile
This post was last modified: 2009.May.13 02:47 PM by abysmalpoptart.

You attacked and hit for 761 damage against their hideout! Too bad nobody cares!
2009.May.13, 02:45 PM
I think the idea is ok, i think it might work better if xp was awarded per attack not damage amount. Maybe something small, like if i attack it costs me 6 ap, so maybe i get 6 xp for attacking. That way it stays fair for everybody.

1.) You hit for 1407 points of damage. xxxxxxx resists 16 for a total of 1391 damage.
2009.May.13, 02:48 PM
mathed it Razz

You attacked and hit for 761 damage against their hideout! Too bad nobody cares!
2009.May.13, 03:12 PM
Here's a way which uses much lower case maths. 9AP for hit in my case, why not give me 9exp points?

**AbraCadabra** I'll join the 50 club in no time.
2009.May.13, 03:14 PM
A level 30 must be 70 AP. Wink

Support your local 81
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

()()
(ºº) Biffi ----->
(__)

I own inpaces left nut. See here.