Support your local 81
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

()()
(ºº) Biffi ----->
(__)

I own inpaces left nut. See here.
2009.Apr.27, 10:19 PM
RE: New elements.
From time to time I hear complaints about upper-level characters beating up on the lover-levels, either for fun or as a means of attracting the attention of Zen and Err. In my time as a player I have watched debate after debate on solutions rage until enthusiasm for the topic peters out. And then the whole cycle starts again.

Ironically, a sort of stopgap remedy for this issue has been in place all along-the districts. A player may choose to move elsewhere, and so compete with other players of similar competence and background.

The problem I see in the system is that districting has been implemented too loosely to make it very effective. The system has, in fact been so perverted that it utterly fails in its intent: the vast majority of players spend their time downtown, leaving only to avoid being attacked or for the occasional shopping junket.

I proffer that the time is right to create incentives for players to remain in the districts commensurate with their levels, perhaps through attack, crime, or training payouts that are higher when they stick close to home and lower when they stray.

Human nature being what it is, I appreciate that the bullying of lesser players will not end, but I believe bullies would be harder put to their tasks if their attack rating drops by, say, a third when they leave their own districts and stoop to thrashing noobs. Likewise I believe such a system might be conducive to uniting our community under that ever-perplexing undefinable phrase, 'the spirit of the game.' Are we here playing this game together, after all, to sow misery to the exclusion of all else?

Anyway, it's just an idea.
2009.Apr.27, 10:31 PM
I kind of like it if it is a %

8:50 pm BlackHand attacked you and lost.
2009.Apr.27, 11:27 PM
That is an awesome rant!

Thank you mrbadmood.

"...the ever perplexing undefinable phrase..."
2009.Apr.28, 09:54 AM
(2009.Apr.27 10:19 PM)mrbadmood Wrote:  From time to time I hear complaints about upper-level characters beating up on the lover-levels, either for fun or as a means of attracting the attention of Zen and Err. In my time as a player I have watched debate after debate on solutions rage until enthusiasm for the topic peters out. And then the whole cycle starts again.

Ironically, a sort of stopgap remedy for this issue has been in place all along-the districts. A player may choose to move elsewhere, and so compete with other players of similar competence and background.

The problem I see in the system is that districting has been implemented too loosely to make it very effective. The system has, in fact been so perverted that it utterly fails in its intent: the vast majority of players spend their time downtown, leaving only to avoid being attacked or for the occasional shopping junket.

I proffer that the time is right to create incentives for players to remain in the districts commensurate with their levels, perhaps through attack, crime, or training payouts that are higher when they stick close to home and lower when they stray.

Human nature being what it is, I appreciate that the bullying of lesser players will not end, but I believe bullies would be harder put to their tasks if their attack rating drops by, say, a third when they leave their own districts and stoop to thrashing noobs. Likewise I believe such a system might be conducive to uniting our community under that ever-perplexing undefinable phrase, 'the spirit of the game.' Are we here playing this game together, after all, to sow misery to the exclusion of all else?

Anyway, it's just an idea.

Well written but wrong in it's final outcome I would suspect.... This is a thread to add something exciting into the game... You are clearly going to drive the game into further boredom...

IMO
2009.Apr.28, 01:59 PM
[Image: 7bf87f9bdedee154c19a1e6.gif]

Totally need this kind of action in the game.
2009.Apr.28, 02:15 PM
(2009.Apr.28 01:59 PM)TommiTheTaco Wrote:  Totally need this kind of action in the game.

Super fart power?

2009.Apr.28, 03:54 PM
Totally. And giant Droids. That'd be awesome, too.
2009.Apr.28, 04:59 PM
I think you'd look much nicer in that kind of gear

[Image: Kris-GiantRobot.JPG]