stock market
2009.Apr.27, 01:47 PM
RE: stock market
(2009.Apr.27 12:51 PM)zenith Wrote:  Stock market would merely be gambling in another form because I can't see someone investing in anything long-term. And if someone makes money, someone else has to be losing it.

Wonder what would happen if everyone was investing and suddenly the market dropped significantly, say 25%. I'm sure I'd get some conspiracy theories mailed to me.

You should consider it........Remember as long as it is on the up and up......NO worries. *Note to self buy SV*

I foresee folks being online much more to monitor investments.....It can work.....

Obama's balls, your chin...............Suckers..........Duped again.
Benders face, my ass....................Sucker Dupe
2009.Apr.27, 02:47 PM
My only concern would be that the majority of the wealth in the game is held by like 5 gangs (look at the POI). If any 2 or 3 of them combined their buying/selling power they could cause massive fluctuations in prices, and would basically be able to control the value of stocks.

1.) You hit for 1407 points of damage. xxxxxxx resists 16 for a total of 1391 damage.
2009.Apr.28, 12:26 AM
Um, I don't mean to be a wiseguy here or anything, but since the economy of the Awakened Lands is credit-based, don't we effectively already have a stock market via the credit market?
2009.Apr.28, 12:28 AM
Yer, I suppose you could put it that way.
2009.Apr.28, 06:15 AM
(2009.Apr.28 12:26 AM)mrbadmood Wrote:  Um, I don't mean to be a wiseguy here or anything, but since the economy of the Awakened Lands is credit-based, don't we effectively already have a stock market via the credit market?

yes yes but think about it this way the only people who control the market are people who can pay real money lets say for people who cant play for real money now they can have a greater infulence on the game.
just think about it. it would really be nice.
2009.Apr.28, 07:17 AM
Only people who pay real money can have shares in credits? People who don't donate can use the credit market as stocks, buy credits low, sell them high. Or risk a massive drop in credit prices and loose out.
2009.Apr.28, 07:29 AM
Referrals too. This game has alot of rewards as it is.
2009.Apr.28, 10:43 AM
(2009.Apr.28 07:17 AM)badmanbren Wrote:  Only people who pay real money can have shares in credits? People who don't donate can use the credit market as stocks, buy credits low, sell them high. Or risk a massive drop in credit prices and loose out.

dude i tried to do that once but people dont buy credits
2009.Apr.28, 11:20 AM
Someone made a mention of 'All the bigs guys could buy out the stores and flux the market' or something of those lines. They'd get stock, sure, but the littles guys have to buy items, also. Making the stock increase would only help the little guy further, going from 50 $50 tickets to 50 $150 tickets making a huge pop in their money.
2009.Apr.28, 11:21 AM
Account for inflation to see the big picture tommi. Nice try though....