This is how you get up in the game.
2006.Dec.21, 12:29 PM

matt5250 Wrote:you now gain happiness at a rate of 10 + (lvl - 2)/2 always rounded up

Simplify your equation Smile

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2006.Dec.21, 12:42 PM

9+lv/2?
2006.Dec.21, 01:24 PM

LordSkie Wrote:9+lv/2?

Yup.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2006.Dec.21, 01:25 PM

well you prolly are right in most things oddjob. i also think that stats should have more to say and levels less. fact of the matter this is how the game is. in various other games levels have nothing to say, or at best next to nothing.

yeah i trained for pickpocketting the same way you did got dex upto 7 then acc upto 6 then dex up again and then acc upto 12 for the t-250

as for OC, and attacking being best way to increase chance of success. yes i firmly believe that. earlier when gang trained more then they did attacks our failure rate was higher. Atm we have been attacking more, and our OC rate has been higher. Ofc we've had our fair share of failures, but as ZenMeister has said, nothing is 100% sure in this game.

Training and doing crimes plays a part in each players "active" time during the duration of an OC, but its my honest belief that attacking is more success to counter jail and hospital time.

"Maybe i just hate to think that this is all true from a fun-factor standpoint. People dont play role-playing games to do everything exactly the same."

Im not telling people how to play, to each their own. But some people may be at a loss at how to ever catch up with the tops. And i try my best to help them out. If people get the chance to get a best possible start in life in the beginning of the game and succeed, more will likely stick in the game and make the hard core fans. I believe its from level 20 and up you will see the unique characters, and from RP point of view i hope that a section for the hardcore RP'ers will pop-up so that they can have fun while waiting for EP AP to build up Wink

Once again, this guide isnt fail safe, its my view point of how you can grow the fastest, and its from my experience of how i think thing works and what doesnt work. For example, people training Resistance before level 15 will get put far behind those training Dexterity. Cause the Dexterity users will have more cash and better defence then the Resistance people. But you definately have a point, but i just wanna defend my point of view.

Key to success: "Dress everyday like you're gonna get murdered in those clothes.
2006.Dec.21, 02:43 PM

I agree with you to a point oddjob- I always thought accuracy had a big say in pickpocketting too. I think Zen has made the whole game extremely realistic- so for pickpocketting, I trained accuracy and dexterity. I never really tried mugging, but the few times I did I failed- and my str was through the floor. Even without those tests, I had already put strength down as a figure in mugging, as well as dexterity and accuracy.

I think that all stats affect crimes to a point, but there are primary stats for each crime. Dex seems to be a primary for most, with str and acc coming in as secondaries. Meth is intel based, and I think so is the insurance crimes. But other stats could also play a part in those.

As far as the game goes other than that- seems to me that level is THE way to go. Nothing else really competes, level>stats all the way. But stats are still a requisite- like Dru said, level alone is meaningless without relative stats to back them up.
2006.Dec.21, 02:58 PM

Quote:oddjob Posted: 21 Dec 2006 12:28

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eaglefreak makes a very valid point which you seem to be missing.

The act of training stats shouldnt merely be bolstered by the fact that happiness is easier to come by. Stats should have their own merit. And they have MUCH less worth than level when it comes to both preforming crimes and attacking. (from what ive witnessed, anyway)

actually oddjob, I did address that point. lets look at someone who almost exclusively trains under the old happiness system. they gain x levels and y stats. under the new system, they will have gained the same amount of levels, x, but many more stats, y+z, so they are in fact better at combat. this is how the change to happiness refresh has helped make stats more important in relation to level. they are still behind level as the number one factor, I agree with that, but this does help.
2006.Dec.21, 06:12 PM

I disagree with levels being more important than stats. Maybe on crimes, i don't know, but not for attacking. I have seen plenty of players who have leveled up and payed little attention to stats and paid the price. The game has a good balance, you need both. You can't just be all stats or all levels.
2006.Dec.21, 07:01 PM

I think what people are getting at chris, is that if you have two people chugging along and are at lvl 13 (just to pick a number) then one of them decides to spend most of his time training, and the other decides to spend most of his time leveling, somewhere down the road, maybe a few weeks, or a month, the person who decided to mostly level will be considerably stronger. I believe this was the case before the happiness refresh change, and may still be the case now, though I am definitely not sure. however, I do agree with there being a balance necessary and under the old happiness refresh rules I believe the balance involved more time/energy spent leveling for maximum combat ability.
2006.Dec.21, 07:17 PM

i still believe tho, under the new happiness refresh having the most levels still will be the best.

since better happiness, EP, AP regen

plus enhanced Battle skills.

yeah true, person doing mostly training will have the higher level at an advantage for some time. but with some hard core training the person at a higher level will have eaten up that advantage at a higher pace then it took to make that difference in battle skills.

Key to success: "Dress everyday like you're gonna get murdered in those clothes.