Attacking Online Players
2007.Feb.27, 12:48 AM

syntheticdarkness Wrote:i must be missing something here. Is there a bonus to being online?
If so, then nevermind.

I just thought it would make things easier for players who are trying to be nice and not attack people that have been on recently.

P.S. I'm going to pass you in levels Zenith!!!!!!!!!!!!

The bonus to being online is for some strange reason people in our community won't attack you. So making the time it takes to be considered "offline" would mean you'd have that much more time to not play and not be attacked.

I know I have gotten passed up by a ton of players, but you try to gain levels only busting players out of jail lol!!!

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2007.Feb.27, 04:54 AM

the problem is, if there wasn't that common courtesy, no one bar the top players would be able to advance. Because they'd just permanently be in hospital, which is a nasty state of affairs. Yes, you could use stim packs. But how on earth do you save for anything if you've got to spend 20/30k a day on stims?

It's still a bad way with the 15min offline thing I think- can only speak personally, but while I enjoy this game I don't want to be glued to it, refreshing every 10 minutes even when I can't do anything. I have loads to do outside the game also. So it's frustrating to me coming back every half hour to see I'm back in hospital.

That being said, I can live with that, it's not such a big deal. But on the common courtesy front, I think it's a case that if someone's after xp, they'll just hit you when it won't bother your gameplay- no malice intended. If you've annoyed them, they'll hit you online to let you know you've annoyed them.
2007.Feb.27, 05:03 AM

It's a nice "nonrule." I don't like coming back after 15 minutes being in away status and being in the hospital either. Rather annoying. Certain individuals do it constantly to get ahead. While others (me) will hit away or online if close to next level. That's about it, or at war or a beautiful paid hit. I like how things are now, the players pretty much take care of this on their own without too many issues lasting more than a day or so. Attacks have gone down IMO with the new combat code, good to see people stating again!

If stupidity bothers you, click here for a solution.
2007.Feb.27, 09:51 AM

zenith Wrote:The bonus to being online is for some strange reason people in our community won't attack you. So making the time it takes to be considered "offline" would mean you'd have that much more time to not play and not be attacked.

Okay, I see your point. Biggrin
2007.Feb.27, 10:06 AM

As soon as I reach level 35 I'm going to go berserk and attack everyone online. With everyone in the hospital, I will guard the doors and declare myself God of the awakenedlands! Until then, I'll keep a low profile in the gym.
2007.Feb.27, 10:15 AM

Too bad you'll need the stats to match it Smile

If stupidity bothers you, click here for a solution.
2007.Feb.27, 10:16 AM

psheehan78 Wrote:As soon as I reach level 35 I'm going to go berserk and attack everyone online. With everyone in the hospital, I will guard the doors and declare myself God of the awakenedlands! Until then, I'll keep a low profile in the gym.

:shock: Considering you are not even in the top 50 for gym training stats in last 24 hrs i would have to say "good luck with that" lol Biggrin
2007.Feb.27, 10:45 AM

Only because I'm too busy gambling. Once I kick that addiction, I'll be ready for some grueling exercise.
2007.Feb.27, 11:15 AM

:shock:
I may know someone that can help you, lol.
2007.Feb.27, 06:04 PM

Speaking as someone who more days than not, spends half or more of his day in the hospital......LOL

Not attacking while online is just a courtesy, which goes out the window in gang wars (understandable)

by only attacking while offline, it allows people to play when they CAN be online, instead of spending all their available time in the hospital.

to the reverse....in a gang war, attacking while online adds an extra level of "punishment" during those wars, and sends a very strong message.

I rather like the unwritten rule about that....