Rebirth
2007.Oct.02, 03:32 PM
Rebirth
I've had a couple of players ask me lately that they would like to retire an account and start anew. Assuming all cash, items, credits, etc were not transferred to the new account, and the old account was locked so they could no longer log into it, what do people think of this? Of course I'd have to do an investigation on all transfers of resources to other players and gangs going back perhaps 30 days or so.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2007.Oct.02, 03:35 PM

Some people been bad??

I wouldn't mind that, at least they're telling you and not trying to open a new account and risking a ban or else.
2007.Oct.02, 03:43 PM

hydro9226 Wrote:Some people been bad??

I wouldn't mind that, at least they're telling you and not trying to open a new account and risking a ban or else.

Eventually they will be found out if the problem is they are running and hiding. Would be tough to not tell anyone the new account was you.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2007.Oct.02, 03:44 PM

Wow all that work, and they want to start over? I dont see how that could cause problems. As long as we can still beat up their old accounts. lol :wink:

Using your Riot Axe you hit for 4724 points of damage. XXX resists 102 for a total of 4622 damage.

steve says
chesticles?
steve says
you sure got some big chesticles, howl
2007.Oct.02, 04:18 PM

I am all for it but I think that if they have rare items they should somehow be put back into the game. I think we lose to many rare items when people stop playing.

You attack Evil Elf 13. You hit for 1735 damage. Evil Elf 13 resists 11 damage for a total of 1724 damage. You have killed Evil Elf 13! Congrats, you found a candy cane!
2007.Oct.02, 04:33 PM

Suppose it wouldn't hurt nobody if there "abandoned" character was left in a playable district.
2007.Oct.02, 05:12 PM

I dont think it would hurt anything....and you could always add those characters to Jack Morts gang.
2007.Oct.02, 05:34 PM

i'm all for it. but the old account should just be deleted, not left open. a few months down the road could cause fraud. and you dont want to be constantly policing old accounts/new accounts and all that mumbo jumbo.

now that I think of it, wouldn't it would be a pain to make sure money wasn't laundered from the old powerful player through other players to the new player?
2007.Oct.02, 06:19 PM

my guess is certain players are doing this based on diplomacy and poor decisions. its whatever - i'm sure we'll figure out who's who, but as long as they dont make the same mistakes twice... Smile
2007.Oct.02, 06:37 PM

Like I stated before, I would have to go through logs to see what they had sent out in terms of trying to hide cash/items, as well as make the account locked so they couldn't log in again.

If they had obviously sent out stuff to their friends so they could get access later on, I wouldn't allow it to happen.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin