Melee fighter question
2009.Feb.24, 07:09 PM
Melee fighter question
Talking about weapons on the market, not uniques here.

And forget about skills.

The Ares battle cestus, is it any good? Better than a ionized axe?

Anyone got one I could try?

8:50 pm BlackHand attacked you and lost.
2009.Feb.24, 08:06 PM

Mock8800 used to use it, swore by it.

Not uber-powerful, but great potential for its reqs.

He said it characterized as hitting for a ton of hits per combat, with low average damage, medium crits at best, but criticaled a bit more than average.

So,
basically,
quick low damage hits,

not sure about Hideouts,
but this seems to be the same combat model as pistols,
so I'd imagine the hideout attacks aren't too great with the shortblades.

"It takes only one drink to get me drunk. The trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth or the fourteenth." George F. Burns
2009.Feb.24, 10:10 PM

All come down to your strength. The higher it is, the more damage you can dealt.

Ares Cetus is a higher class weapon than the Ionized Axe. With the right stats, I really don't see how it can be weaker.

Amend
2009.Feb.24, 11:06 PM

Is there a cap of dmg progression on weapons per strength lvl increase?

I mean, I read everywhere that strength increase the dmg, I get that.

But let's say on a certain weapon, for sometime,the weapon dmg the dmg increase per strength lvl is Y +( X% x Y). After some time, as the user is way stronger than the original requirements, is it possible it reduces? Or even caps.

I dont even know if I make sense.

2009.Feb.24, 11:20 PM

Pretty close. But, there is no damage cap on melee weapon.

Here is how I see it.

For melee weapon, every weapon has a base damage rate, X. And, a damage increase per strength rate, Y.

By upgrading your weapon, your base damage on that weapon will increase. Or, the damage-increased per strength will increase. Or, both.

If you feel that you aren't doing as much damage, keep pumping strength, you will see a big different in PvP.

Amend
2009.Feb.24, 11:40 PM

That's what I have been doing, but my old ionized axe ain't what it used to be.

Challenges and contests are nice, and I try my best everytime. Since I just can't put that much $ around here, my only way to keep climbing up I realized was to either win / buy / find (?) a unique weapon with low end reqs, or to find out the best melee weapon with the less endurance requirements.

I know I'm not the only player in that situation. It is frustrating, but it is not against the game or anyone here. It's just how it is. I'm kind of stuck.

Hence why I was miffed with the Valentine thingy. Planning ahead a "sick day" at work is kind of difficult to execute, but I tought and still think it is my only way out of a possible win on one of Zen's contest.

With the skills in axe, it's a difficult choice for me to move over something else... I regret every day not having bought that Shogunate on the market. ALmost every day.

2009.Feb.25, 12:13 AM

i know how you feel... :cry:

"No intelligent idea can gain general acceptance unless some stupidity is mixed in with it." - Fernando Pessoa
2009.Feb.25, 12:16 AM

If you want, Preacher, you can borrow my Shogunate for a while..? Give it a try?
2009.Feb.25, 12:20 AM

TommiTheTaco Wrote:If you want, Preacher, you can borrow my Shogunate for a while..? Give it a try?

Ill give you 50k a day to let me rent it for a while Wink

If I want to manufacture biological weapons with my copy of iTunes, I will, fascists. Ditch this bullshit.
6.) You hit for 1245 points of damage. **** resists 34 for a total of 1211 damage.
2009.Feb.25, 12:20 AM

Tommi, for real?

Yeah, I'd try it man. Wow. You sure?