Poll: Should only crime/OC's count, or should "failed to bust" sentences count to?
Only Crimes / OC\'s should count.
"Failure to bust" should count because it\'s a crime too.
[Show Results]

Valentine's Day-After Jail Bust Poll
2009.Feb.15, 11:23 AM

I'm surprised it's almost an even vote.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2009.Feb.15, 12:08 PM

your intent was clear I think when you made the rule
people always want to circumvent the rules to get ahead
2009.Feb.15, 12:13 PM

g2o2d4wp Wrote:your intent was clear I think when you made the rule
people always want to circumvent the rules to get ahead

That's the best argument so far. My INTENT was to eliminate the combat-related sentences. I did not want people to attempt to manipulate things with insane minutes from combat because they can get pretty high. Not sure what a judge would rule in this case.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2009.Feb.15, 01:09 PM

First and foremost, the rules shouldn't be changed after the contest started.

Also, maybe there are some who could bust out those in jail because of a fight, but didn't since it wasn't a part of the contest.
Would be unfair to them.
2009.Feb.15, 01:17 PM

ZhuSeth Wrote:

That's the dilemma. If the rules weren't clear to half the participants, then I'm screwed no matter what is decided. Next time I have a contest I will have a 9-page list of rules just so I cover my arse.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2009.Feb.15, 01:22 PM

but what if i go to jail for a crime( listedon the crimes page) then i try to bust out and fail?! that should count imo

Member of Comunità di Sant'Egidio
2009.Feb.15, 01:23 PM

zenith Wrote:
ZhuSeth Wrote:

That's the dilemma. If the rules weren't clear to half the participants, then I'm screwed no matter what is decided. Next time I have a contest I will have a 9-page list of rules just so I cover my arse.

Now you sound like a bureaucrat Smile

Actually, I find the rules quite simple and easy to understand.
Those who have problems understanding them shouldn't have skipped school so much.
2009.Feb.15, 01:24 PM

alinutza Wrote:but what if i go to jail for a crime( listedon the crimes page) then i try to bust out and fail?! that should count imo

That's part of the issue. You don't know why someone is in there when they have the "tried to bust out" status.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2009.Feb.15, 01:27 PM

Shakespere wrote it best "kill all the lawyers" contest rules were clear, anyone whining about it is just dissapointed that their exploit won't be allowed, noone who read the rules assumed that busting people in jail for failing to bust others would count.

Jailtimes from crimes and OC failures, 95% of people who read that would assume that only sentences as a result from clicking the "crimes" tab would count.

Anyone advocating that the rules were unclear and that anything else should count are only nitpickers looking to find a loophole to circumvent.

Blatant'd

"It takes only one drink to get me drunk. The trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth or the fourteenth." George F. Burns
2009.Feb.15, 01:31 PM

I love you more and more everyday Prophesy...

(Full Homo)