tests are impractical IMO
2009.Feb.07, 12:01 PM
tests are impractical IMO
i dont know about anyone else... but i have never marked c and cracked under pressure in any class i have ever had a B or higher in. failing a test with a B+ is just so silly to me. of the last 4 times i have tested with grades of B to A-.... i passed ONE. this is unrealistic and very discouraging!!!!!!
2009.Feb.07, 12:03 PM

And................................ its called RANDOMLANDS.
2009.Feb.07, 12:13 PM

Honestly, Zen should probably just remove the letter grade. The percentages seem to be just that too me. The percentage chance you have of passing the test.

I'm pretty sure I've read a zillion old posts regarding it, and the letter grades seem to be the thing that throws most people off. If we just look at it as though "ok, I have a 73% chance of passing right now, do I risk it?", rather than "ok, I have a C, and I've never failed the final of a course I have at least a C in", it would be less confusing, if not less discouraging.

my $0.02
2009.Feb.07, 12:28 PM

I kind of agree about the letter grades confusing people..

I have always thought of it as class attendance... Imaging taking a 20 week course, then asking for the final at week 15 (75%).. sure, you might get lucky, but the odds are not in your favor... take the test at week 18 (90%) and you are only missing 10% of the material... Most professors will test more on the last material taught, so your chances are probably not 90%, but are still pretty good.

That's just way I think of it, and it correlates with the results we see pretty well.
2009.Feb.07, 02:18 PM

How many months have skills been here? and now you complain?

Its obvious that its a percentage chance of passing, the grading system is purely just a devise to make the testing mimic RL.

Ive personally passed 14 tests, some ive taken early at 75% some ive waited. If Ive failed ive sucked it up and retaken, risk you run when you know you have a 1/4 1/5 chance of failing

Conrad attacked the Wranglers and Lost.

Fighting Phish since 2007
2009.Feb.07, 02:24 PM

Ermmm wheres your full stop Mor ?.
2009.Feb.07, 04:03 PM

I've passed with a C, and failed with an A-. It's pure randomness and you know, Crap happens Razz
2009.Feb.07, 04:49 PM

Fubar!
2009.Feb.07, 05:44 PM

i hate this
i faild the test for rank1 on cd 3 times today
i man wtf :shock: :shock: :shock:

"I wasn't resisting arrest, I was resenting arrest."
Some people are like slinkies they are really good for nothing but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
2009.Feb.07, 06:05 PM

Lucky666 Wrote:i hate this
i faild the test for rank1 on cd 3 times today
i man wtf :shock: :shock: :shock:

Its because you are not real smart'''lol