Valentine's Day-After Contest
2009.Feb.15, 11:00 AM

TommiTheTaco Wrote:8:00 AM - 3:59:59 PM
Jail
Bust Challenge
Who can bust out the most minutes from jail? Only jail sentences that are resulting from crime/OC failures will be counted. Busting yourself out also does not count. Top three individuals will get prizes. Player with the highest bust gets a tag, unless there is a tie. Person who gets busted out the most minutes from crime failures by others also gets a tag.

Where does it say 'if you bust the people who failed at busting the criminals out of jail, it adds to your total'?

I happen to not see it. You can't have something that's not there.

+1 Leave the rules as they are. Unless you want to move the contest to the first "Friday the 11th" after labor day. Then you could change all the rules and leave enough time for people to look them over and everyone could add what ever rule they want. You could call it the make your own rules first "Friday the 11th" after labor day Valentines day bust contest. lol

I think everyone in AL should by Zen a drink!!! She needs a few after having to put up with us. Razz

You attack Evil Elf 13. You hit for 1735 damage. Evil Elf 13 resists 11 damage for a total of 1724 damage. You have killed Evil Elf 13! Congrats, you found a candy cane!
2009.Feb.15, 11:01 AM

The problem is asking this question after the start is useless. In all honesty you should have just kept it flawed as it was because now those who have done those busts are going to vote to have it, and those haven't aren't. There is no objective voting done.

A better solution would be to suspend all of those busts from "failed busts" before the time of your post, and then count them after. Or allow all busts, including stales, before your post, as again, shooting someone is most definitely a crime and falls under your description.

However, I think it was fairly clear "crimes" referred to the crime page.
2009.Feb.15, 11:04 AM

If the vote is based on how players attempted the contest, then it's pretty clear I wasn't clear enough with the posted rules.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2009.Feb.15, 11:05 AM

There's another side to that assumption, but we won't go there I guess. Razz
2009.Feb.15, 11:06 AM

or people see that they can make it work for them and vote for the 2nd one regardless
2009.Feb.15, 11:10 AM

zenith Wrote:
iceman2020 Wrote:And again, by that logic, stales should now count as well, as they are crimes (else we wouldn't end up in jail)

No, I'm pretty sure I have that part covered in the rules. Now you are just getting annoying Razz
*sighs* Sad My brain must be muddy today then. Razz

Funny, i actually thought the rules were pretty clear that it wont count to bust those who failed at busting... O.o But as i have already determined, my wiring is currently dysfunctional. :roll:

And i am not even participating... lmao... because there is never anyone in jail to bust... and when there is... i've used up all my AP trying to go to jail! Razz
2009.Feb.15, 11:12 AM

zenith Wrote:If the vote is based on how players attempted the contest, then it's pretty clear I wasn't clear enough with the posted rules.

Based on how everyone around here always tries to get things the easy way. I would say the rules were fine people just said let me try this maybe if I whine about it enough I can get it to count and win this thing. :roll:

You attack Evil Elf 13. You hit for 1735 damage. Evil Elf 13 resists 11 damage for a total of 1724 damage. You have killed Evil Elf 13! Congrats, you found a candy cane!
2009.Feb.15, 11:14 AM

That's somewhat the angle I was going. At least we may finally get a poll with a lot of votes for once.

ZEDIT
Make a new topic.
2009.Feb.15, 11:38 AM

we need more people to get busted!! its slim pickin's in there.
2009.Feb.15, 11:39 AM

Please nitpick the rules for the next contest now so I can address them prior to it starting.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin