Open Beta Test : New Forums
2009.Mar.04, 03:26 PM
Open Beta Test : New Forums
I've copied over our forum data and set up a new forum at forums.awakenedlands.com. This is the future of our forum, and I need for everyone to give it a test. Pending any unforeseen issues, it should be live this week. Our current forums will remain, but will be read-only.

There are a couple if differences with the test forums and the live forums. All private forums at this moment are locked and unreadable. There are no word filters. There will be only one moderator -- me.

I want this to be a test, not a place to bash others. I want feedback about the new forum. Please post your feedback on that forum, not here. For those who cannot deal with slow moderation or have virgin eyes probably should avoid logging into the test.

When the new forum goes live, everyone will have to reactivate their forum account. No biggy though, that's just a matter of going to your in-game preferences page and clicking the forum activation link. The current test forum has everyone activated already, so just log in.

Why are we moving over to a new forum software? Primarily it's due to easier management by the staff as well as providing the ability to ignore other user's posts. It's also a bit more modern, and allows players to report posts directly in the forum rather than having to contact an admin. It also posts which mod edited a post for more accountability on our part.

So what are you waiting for? Log in.
http://forums.awakenedlands.com

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
Thread Closed