Should special weapons be released differently?
2008.Oct.21, 02:11 PM

early on the competition winners got a prized that had a bit more personal touch. ((yoda got a light sabre and a jedi cloak)) I think competitions items should make a return to this type of format.

let the player pick the type of weapon classification - a bit more necessary considering the implementation of skills.

then let them choose an APPROPRIATE name.

Finally Zen can go about putting stat lines that keep it balanced.
2008.Oct.21, 02:11 PM

Somehow, I don't think that a 'lottery' would be completely 'random' around here...
2008.Oct.21, 02:35 PM

The colonial pistol was done instead of a SMG because I don't recall seeing any SMGs from the colonial period lol.

I am not too keen on just a single way to distribute contest specials. I like the different ways because I like keeping people on their toes.

We could just do what they do for some government contracts that aren't corrupt. Public bids posted, and hide the actual poster.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2008.Oct.21, 02:46 PM

I understad it had to be a pistol but after 2 wasted levels training pistol skill to use it effectively it made more sense to stick to SMG ad sell it. Not what Id truly want from a contest item.

Conrad attacked the Wranglers and Lost.

Fighting Phish since 2007
2008.Oct.21, 04:46 PM

I think Zen's idea for having an auction/bid for special item would cover some of the points other brought up. 1) players that wins the bid won't be able to sell it for a profit. 2) the person that places the bid will most likely want to use it.
2008.Oct.21, 04:53 PM

zenith Wrote:The colonial pistol was done instead of a SMG because I don't recall seeing any SMGs from the colonial period lol.

I am not too keen on just a single way to distribute contest specials. I like the different ways because I like keeping people on their toes.

We could just do what they do for some government contracts that aren't corrupt. Public bids posted, and hide the actual poster.

i like it the way it is already set up, zens surprises are always fun
2008.Oct.21, 04:53 PM

It does.. but the prices will not be as affordable.

I guess it can never be perfect.

Amend
2008.Oct.21, 04:55 PM

shadowinc Wrote:i like it the way it is already set up, zens surprises are always fun

Says the person who won several contests in a row back in the day to make people think it was rigged lol.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2008.Oct.21, 05:01 PM

zenith Wrote:
shadowinc Wrote:i like it the way it is already set up, zens surprises are always fun

Says the person who won several contests in a row back in the day to make people think it was rigged lol.

sshhhh. you was not supposed to tell anybody lol lol lol lol lol
2008.Oct.21, 05:04 PM

if and when i win anouther i would love to have a special samurai armour, :roll: :roll: