AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: Should special weapons be released differently?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Releasing the shogunate has just led to a flood of auctions and sell offs again, allowing the lucky players fortunate to spot them, to earn a quick buck.

Competition prizes are sold off too readily.

I have been guilty of this myself I sold the colonnial pistol which I chose as I knew I could sell it.

Is there a better way? Should a time limit be applied. ie. cannot be resold for a period of time.
That'd be nice.

shadowinc

well i have sold off uniqe items as well, but i have also still got the first one i won, now i have what tommy developed as well, i think from now on whatever i get will be staying put in my storage
I just thought..

Those are their items. They won/bought them for themselves..They would and could sell them if they wanted..They aren't CDs.
I would like to see more personalised weapons be given as prizes in order for players to think about keeping them. I sold the pistol as I had skills in SMG, had the prize been SMG instead of pistol I would still have it.
Doubt that would happen..But it'd be pretty cool.
no, i see his point, and i totally agree with him. although the personalization of weapons may not become common, making them player specific (i.e. based on your skills) seems rational. skills aren't very new, and they shouldn't hinder someone from being able to utilize his or her prize. for andy, all that had to be changed was instead of colonial pistol, it could have been "modified colonial machine pistol." bam, SMG
In the case of the shogunate, I know players that wanted them in order to use not in order to sell. They could afford the million price tag but not the 1.6 - 2 million, perhaps next time players could apply for the chance to own one. Then Zen runs a lottery as to who receives one. That way some players who want them as a wepon would get the chance to purchase one at face value.

BadLuck

I agree with this as well. Even though I buy and sell on the market when I see a good deal, I think that the unique weapons when released like this should be done in a manner of those who are actually going to use them first.

To branch off of andy's idea, in the lottery the people who won them would not be able to market them for a time period so as to prevent people from just entering into the lotto to do the same thing.
people did have the chance to buy them off the market, what zen did was pretty much the lottery.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's