freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeedom
2006.Nov.09, 08:15 PM

Eaglefreak Wrote:Hey oddjob, I think were kinda in the wrong also if you look at Rule 7:

No bashing - If someone is posting about a problem they are experiencing, don't simply tell them they are wrong and recommend they try your recommendation. Instead, provide facts or opinions supporting your recommendation, provide positive feedback, and please keep the criticism low.[u]

Sad

Well, maybe I am misinterpreting that rule, but i am not sure that necessarily applies here. I was not referring to any posts by users experiencing a specific problem. I was referring to general questions which have been previously asked and answered numerous times. I was not calling anyones particular opinion on a specific subject "wrong"... I was merely pointing out that there is an established process for asking questions, and particularly if that question has already been discussed.

Furthermore, I didnt bash anyone, and the recommendation i gave was not my own, but one clearly stated in the rules. I dont think I even mentioned any specific individuals in my post. If i am guilty of bashing, than i was bashing bad etiquette, and by no means had any intention of making it personal whatsoever.

I believe I indeed provided numerous facts (ie the Rules) and opinions (ie how this bothers and affects people, such as myself, who use the search feature) which support my recommendation.

I you could please point out which particular part of my post could be construed as a high amount of criticism directed towards an individual, it would be appreciated so I do not make the same mistake again. I did not feel as if i was doing this, but in this particular medium of dialog, I understand how frequently different people interpret the same text with vastly different understandings.

I do thank you for pointing out your opinion, and it does not bother me in the least. I do not want to make an issue out of something so trivial, but for the sake of argument I could say that your post violates the rule you quoted more egregiously than mine... after all, you did state that i (personally) was in the wrong Biggrin , but no matter, i am often in the wrong and have no problem being called out on it.

And finally, i am a member of numerous different forums, and many mods are not nearly as nice and forgiving as the ones here. Ive seen people banned and threads locked or deleted for less. So maybe I need to remember that what holds true for other forums does not necessarily hold true here, but after all, rules are rules, and this is not Nam. Biggrin
2006.Nov.09, 08:19 PM

LMAO, all i can say is WOW! :!: :shock: Biggrin :oops: Sad :cry:

If God is our father, you thought, then Satan must be our cousin
2006.Nov.09, 08:27 PM

Remember, Oddjob was our resident Office Linebacker. Follow them rules or he will sack you Smile

Oddjob +1 moderator respect

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2006.Nov.09, 08:44 PM

oddjob has the longest posts, seriously, its like reading an article in the paper.
2006.Nov.09, 08:55 PM

yeah, an article in the SUN maybe... j/k Smile
2006.Nov.09, 08:59 PM

we have rules? :shock:
2006.Nov.10, 10:43 AM

spyder83 Wrote:
Eaglefreak Wrote:and no legendary going on here!

Correct, Nancy. If only you could get "Legend in his own mind" to think the same way that you and I think we will rule the world

I think that may have been at my expense...
2006.Nov.10, 12:52 PM
Back on topic
Back to the topic at hand...
I think I am fairly safe now for the most jailtime in AW. Smile
2006.Nov.12, 06:21 AM
Re: Back on topic
Lostangel Wrote:Back to the topic at hand...
I think I am fairly safe now for the most jailtime in AW. Smile

You know that we will look after ya
2006.Nov.17, 02:07 PM

Sorry, I'd looked for the answer before, and didn't have any luck finding it, so I thought I'd dip into a thread where that was what got the person jailed.