Feature I'd love to see added .... Combat report
2007.Feb.19, 03:07 AM

zenith Wrote:Instead of a long log of each attack (mirroring what is seen after an attack is completed), would seeing the number of hits, total damage, and number of rounds be better? It would actually save a lot of database storage.
Could it be something like:
You battled with X and in the end, you did hit him 6 times out of 11 for a total of 645 damage, X did hit you 8 out of 12 times for a total of 823 damage, you suffered defeat!!

Or something like that, I doubt you could make it any shorter and still have all the infos needed?

At best, maybe add the best and worst damage done by each (It's always good to know if you did 6X ~110 damage or a 3 and a 289 damage hits)? Totally optional though.
2007.Feb.19, 11:44 AM

I think hydro's set-up idea for the report is pretty good, it's concise and it gives you the information thats the most crucial.
2007.Feb.19, 12:47 PM

Sounds good.

I'd much rather see a quick summary of whats happened then scanning through the whole log.
2007.Feb.19, 07:54 PM

I was thinking more like just a table with columns filled in with the info rather than a sentence describing the attack. That way you can see all of them at once.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2007.Feb.19, 09:50 PM

zenith Wrote:I was thinking more like just a table with columns filled in with the info rather than a sentence describing the attack. That way you can see all of them at once.

Why don't we make the regular combat log this way? I would rather just see a small table of each round, what they hit for and what I hit for.
2007.Feb.19, 10:27 PM

Exelent! I like it
2007.Feb.20, 04:10 PM

zenith Wrote:I was thinking more like just a table with columns filled in with the info rather than a sentence describing the attack. That way you can see all of them at once.

Simple and to the point. I like it.