Another person abusing over encumbrance,
2008.Oct.05, 07:41 AM

haha..you guys are defending this being over encumbrance idea?..isn't it just as bad as the retirement district you all are so much against?
2008.Oct.05, 08:02 AM

shark24 Wrote:haha..you guys are defending this being over encumbrance idea?..isn't it just as bad as the retirement district you all are so much against?

totally agree
2008.Oct.05, 08:56 AM

I agree it can be used because it's part of the game but I disagree just like the retirement district because it's just another way for cowards to run.

Reducing a player's capability in a fight because he's encumbered is a thing, lowering it's level and penalizing others is another and it's the part I don't like.

Remind me why this was introduced into the game at first again??
2008.Oct.05, 09:41 AM

I think the encumbrance is a terrible feature, whilst retirement is a great one.

The pure reason being that being encumbered does NOT hinder you training, criming etc- you can put the stuff in storage, bang you're cruising along as normal. But it means you get attacked rarely, if at all because the xp sucks.

Retirement is an entirely different thing altogether, because you can't do ANYTHING. Your account may as well be deleted for all the good you can do in retirement.
2008.Oct.05, 10:01 AM

shark24 Wrote:haha..you guys are defending this being over encumbrance idea?..isn't it just as bad as the retirement district you all are so much against?

We're saying this. Either fix the flawed code or do nothing at all. It's part of the current game mechanics.

Plus don't forget, from the newspaper...

08.September.28 - Just so there is no confusion, the retirement district is closed and has been since the 24th based on this announcement in the forums.
2008.Oct.05, 10:29 AM

[quote="LordSkie"]I think the encumbrance is a terrible feature, whilst retirement is a great one.quote]

I think it'd be pretty cool, if it were put to use below 1.0. It definitely shouldn't go against the other player's gains when they attack someone who's over-encumbered.
2008.Oct.05, 11:19 AM

Ushanewnewba Wrote:I love when people do this, you get drek exp, but they lose TONS... keep hitting the guy!

Seriously, you get 100-200, they get negative 400, lol.

Over encumbered is the best feature to really mess with some one.

If stupidity bothers you, click here for a solution.
2008.Oct.05, 12:35 PM

Maybe, but if the player is quitting and doing it to spite the remaining players, then their loss of exp has no matter.

If a player is over encumbered the attacker should, if anything, reap higher benefits.

If I am walking down the war torn streets of Downtown Decatur and some poor schlep has to much shit on him I can capitalize and beat the ever living piss out of him. It should be like finding a needle in a hay stack.

Why should a player benefit from a flawed game mechanic?