What are crimes worth?
2010.Feb.15, 10:42 AM
RE: What are crimes worth?
(2010.Feb.15 10:34 AM)JohnnyB Wrote:  i'm not talking only about payouts... how's your success rate committing Ponzy Schemes?

A little lower than 85% pretty much day in and day out. Sometimes I dip into the high 70's, but it's usually 82-83.

Whatever leniency I extended to you and your comrades before, may have been in error. If you persist in halting our course, we will burn your pathetic fleet down to the last man.
2010.Feb.15, 11:25 AM
are you satisfied with these rates? with forgery i get 85~90% with a bit lower payout... but that 5% extra pays well the difference...

"No intelligent idea can gain general acceptance unless some stupidity is mixed in with it." - Fernando Pessoa
2010.Feb.15, 11:32 AM
What is your avg payout that it lists on the Mobile Crime Journal? Accounting for failures, I make more than 1k per 27 AP.

Whatever leniency I extended to you and your comrades before, may have been in error. If you persist in halting our course, we will burn your pathetic fleet down to the last man.
2010.Feb.15, 11:41 AM
with Ponzy i get more than 1k.. with forgery i get almost 1k but with much higher rate..

"No intelligent idea can gain general acceptance unless some stupidity is mixed in with it." - Fernando Pessoa
2010.Feb.15, 11:44 AM
(2010.Feb.15 11:41 AM)JohnnyB Wrote:  with Ponzy i get more than 1k.. with forgery i get almost 1k but with much higher rate..

The rate it gives in the Mobile Crime Journal accounts for failures, if I'm not mistaken...

2010.Feb.15, 11:58 AM
success rate= success / attempts x 100
This post was last modified: 2010.Feb.15 11:59 AM by JohnnyB.

2010.Feb.15, 12:07 PM
(2010.Feb.15 11:58 AM)JohnnyB Wrote:  success rate= success / attempts x 100

Yes, but you said that you get almost 1k with Forgery. I assume that you got this from the Mobile Crime Journal? That accounts for failures. So, unless you are desperate to get on the PoI for Overall Crime Success, you get a bit better for Ponzi Schemes.

2010.Feb.15, 12:19 PM
how can i gain from a crime that i fail and get jailed more times than another that even giving a bit lower payout, i succeed more times and rarely get jailed?

2010.Feb.15, 04:01 PM
The average payout given in the journal stats is an average based on your total attempts, not total successes. If the payout listed is slightly higher for ponzi than for forgery, then the actual payout per success is substantially higher, such that it makes up for failures (but not necessarily for jailtime or AP usage, since the stats don't consider those).
2010.Feb.15, 05:34 PM
(2010.Feb.15 04:01 PM)zliplus Wrote:  The average payout given in the journal stats is an average based on your total attempts, not total successes. If the payout listed is slightly higher for ponzi than for forgery, then the actual payout per success is substantially higher, such that it makes up for failures (but not necessarily for jailtime or AP usage, since the stats don't consider those).

yup! for both crimes... so considering that you average 1000$ in ponzy with 85% success and 950$ in forgery with 90% success what gives you more money?