How does one become a mod?
2008.Aug.14, 11:26 AM

Frag Phishe :shock:
Vote Dingus Biggrin
2008.Aug.14, 11:26 AM

haha
2008.Aug.14, 11:44 AM

Phisheva is a great gang boss - very fair and even-tempered - and would definitely be an excellent mod.
2008.Aug.14, 11:51 AM

Phishe is in all seriousness does posses excellent leadership abilities complimented by acute situational awareness. These traits would benefit allof AL if chosen.
2008.Aug.14, 11:56 AM

Being even-headed for your gang doesn't exactly mean being even-headed for the rest of the community.
2008.Aug.14, 12:11 PM

in order to become a mod, one must first join the circle in the middle of the forest, 17.3 miles east of rural decatur at 11:15 PM, only on Tuesdays. Be prepared with a live goat, as you will need it later. After you arrive at the circle, you must present your unequipped character to the leaders, and, provided you have a solid body, you will be accepted as a potential candidate.

After the initial round of examinations that slightly resembles a dog show, the mods-to-be must take their goat, and, at the stroke (haha, stroke) of midnight, your goat must be sacrificed using the weapon that does the most damage in gang wars. If you use the incorrect weapon, you are immediately disqualified. If you can not afford the correct weapon, then you are also disqualified.

After round 2, a debate begins to go around regarding a moderator's abilities and privileges. Once you prove your ability to strike down any opposition at the bat of an eyelash, and do it with little to no regard of the person you are striking down, you become a top candidate for the Moderator Squad (yes, Mod Squad). there are usually 3 top candidates per 4 months, and they are then granted access into the squad if they can do the 3 following things:

1) Mail a currently active moderator about a post or thread that needs editting or lock before that moderator is aware of it, showing their abilities to endlessly troll and pillage the countryside.

2) Post only 2 times per thread max, either staying mildly on topic or hinting that a thread may be going in the "wrong direction."

3) Piss all non-moderators off.

Once these qualities are approved over a 60 day period, they are either accepted or rejected, and the new moderator(s) join the crew. Afterwards, a new crew of potentials joins the flock, and the process begins anew.

I never got past the 2 post limit, as I tend to be verbose. Mehh!!

edit: For those who choose to be offended by this, it was a joke. Calm down. As BlackJeep eloquently put it, "It's just a game." Chill.
2008.Aug.14, 12:13 PM

PhisheVA Wrote:I'm serious here. I'm actually thinking about it, and Chance and Errs' post helped. Thank you.

I'm formally throwing my top hat in the ring. This is not a mock thread.

Well if you by any chance becomes a mod, I do hope you won't stop being rude in mails. I quite like it.

Other then that, just be yourself, if you happen to be a level headed guy who manages to have fun and doesn't take things too serious then it will be easy for Zenith and Err to make the choice, if your not that guy, then just pretend. It worked for me.

Key to success: "Dress everyday like you're gonna get murdered in those clothes.
2008.Aug.14, 12:14 PM

Druchii Wrote:
PhisheVA Wrote:I'm serious here. I'm actually thinking about it, and Chance and Errs' post helped. Thank you.

I'm formally throwing my top hat in the ring. This is not a mock thread.

Well if you by any chance becomes a mod, I do hope you won't stop being rude in mails. I quite like it.

Other then that, just be yourself, if you happen to be a level headed guy who manages to have fun and doesn't take things too serious then it will be easy for Zenith and Err to make the choice, if your not that guy, then just pretend. It worked for me.

he's gotta pass the tests first
2008.Aug.14, 12:18 PM

abysmalpoptart Wrote:in order to become a mod, one must first join the circle in the middle of the forest, 17.3 miles east of rural decatur at 11:15 PM, only on Tuesdays. Be prepared with a live goat, as you will need it later. After you arrive at the circle, you must present your unequipped character to the leaders, and, provided you have a solid body, you will be accepted as a potential candidate.

After the initial round of examinations that slightly resembles a dog show, the mods-to-be must take their goat, and, at the stroke (haha, stroke) of midnight, your goat must be sacrificed using the weapon that does the most damage in gang wars. If you use the incorrect weapon, you are immediately disqualified. If you can not afford the correct weapon, then you are also disqualified.

After round 2, a debate begins to go around regarding a moderator's abilities and privileges. Once you prove your ability to strike down any opposition at the bat of an eyelash, and do it with little to no regard of the person you are striking down, you become a top candidate for the Moderator Squad (yes, Mod Squad). there are usually 3 top candidates per 4 months, and they are then granted access into the squad if they can do the 3 following things:

1) Mail a currently active moderator about a post or thread that needs editting or lock before that moderator is aware of it, showing their abilities to endlessly troll and pillage the countryside.

2) Post only 2 times per thread max, either staying mildly on topic or hinting that a thread may be going in the "wrong direction."

3) Piss all non-moderators off.

Once these qualities are approved over a 60 day period, they are either accepted or rejected, and the new moderator(s) join the crew. Afterwards, a new crew of potentials joins the flock, and the process begins anew.

I never got past the 2 post limit, as I tend to be verbose. Mehh!!

edit: For those who choose to be offended by this, it was a joke. Calm down. As BlackJeep eloquently put it, "It's just a game." Chill.

I would like to ask that you start to take over these rituals for Zenith and I as we are very busy and you obviously know your stuff. Please be in the forest no later than 10:45 next Tuesday as you will need adequate time to prepare. Thanks.
2008.Aug.14, 12:19 PM

sigh, i guess i'll do it. i'm assuming there's no compensation, but i'll probably pick all the people that can make me giggle. i'll be there at 10:30 and await further instructions