Gangs merger
2008.Aug.04, 03:55 PM

shadowinc Wrote:
ZeonOne Wrote:We should limit this merger for gang with 12 slots or less.

If the top gang merged, they would form a quite unstopable gang.

now now, thats not fair, if two large gangs had the funds to spend i think it should be allowed :roll:

Fair enough.

AL doesn't have Monopoly control like the Real World does. Imagine, Microsoft, Yahoo, and Google merged. Thats would be a disaster.

It's a good idea. there are many things need to be consider.

1) Merge Abuse
(Would big player take over most medium gang?)
2) High Level Players Drought
(Remember Elder splited into 2 gang because of this problem.)
3) Possible Gang Power Abuse
4) Gang Point distrbution system.
5) Slot distribution system.

x) Are we sure about this?

Amend
2008.Aug.04, 03:55 PM

grabtindy Wrote:You could make the cost of the merger equal to the marginal difference between the value of the gangs existing slots and the amount they would need to add to a single gang to get the required number of slots. Seems fair and you wouldn't have to deal with selling a gang at a loss. What happens to the improvements though?

if the purpose of merging 2 gangs is to lower the price they would normaly pay to buy gang slots, then it wouls have no point to ..::read the red thing::

and what if a gang has upgrades? gang combat rating 2 for example, which requires 4000 GP to get to it..what would happen with that?

Member of Comunità di Sant'Egidio
2008.Aug.04, 04:01 PM

ZeonOne Wrote:
shadowinc Wrote:
ZeonOne Wrote:We should limit this merger for gang with 12 slots or less.

If the top gang merged, they would form a quite unstopable gang.

now now, thats not fair, if two large gangs had the funds to spend i think it should be allowed :roll:

Fair enough.

AL doesn't have Monopoly control like the Real World does. Imagine, Microsoft, Yahoo, and Google merged. Thats would be a disaster.

It's a good idea. there are many things need to be consider.

1) Merge Abuse
(Would big player take over most medium gang?)
2) High Level Players Drought
(Remember Elder splited into 2 gang because of this problem.)
3) Possible Gang Power Abuse
4) Gang Point distrbution system.
5) Slot distribution system.

x) Are we sure about this?

this is the free city of awakenedlands, i am very sure, i have been around here long enough to know whatever is done for the small it is also done for the big boys,it is part of life, as far as the big companies you mentioned, well if the merged oh well :roll:
2008.Aug.04, 04:13 PM

Quote:AL doesn't have Monopoly control like the Real World does. Imagine, Microsoft, Yahoo, and Google merged. Thats would be a disaster.

they would probably just make a crazy robot that could take over the world.

then apple would make one better Biggrin

no but really i think the merger idea is a good idea but it would have to really really well thought of.

how about like a gang grading system?
super gangs are As
then goes B, C, D, F.

A gangs cant merge with other A's or B's.
B can merge with anything but an A.
two B's can become an A
two C's could become a B.

of course, there would be a relative cost that would differ for each possible combination of gangs based on the GCB and slot upgrades.
2008.Aug.04, 04:50 PM

There would have to be a limit on the number of merges, or else you could take a whole bunch of tiny gangs and mash them into one giant gang.

Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass
2008.Aug.04, 04:53 PM

alinutza Wrote:if the purpose of merging 2 gangs is to lower the price they would normaly pay to buy gang slots, then it wouls have no point to ..::read the red thing::

Purpose should be:

- Recycling un-usable un-sellable or un-used or un-working gangs to profit a bigger and lets hope better lot

- Giving a chance to some players to not loose there whole investments as they could survive in a different form

- Realism: real estate is and has been sold troughout ages. Why not now?

The goal was never to make a slot price cheaper. And even if it was, it would never be done other than by the smallest of gangs (see possible calculations as per slot value vs half price of merged gang)

True, the slots are very expansive, and the bigger gangs want them badly. But other than merging between each other, it wouldnt be worth it. AND, merging with each other is ridiculous, since they would loose 2 years of work and investments (the smaller one) No player would do that. I am sure.

So who could really benefit from this? The small timers. Yep. I said it. Post your bumper stickers noob police, I may not say that twice.

What, for example, would I gain of it, myself? Well, seeing the Bees and the Souls and the wichever merge to become a 21 man gang would be nice, as now they could be part of the most interesting part of the game.

Cleaning->Growing>Playing in more competitive field->More player actives and staying-> More referrals -> Bigger communiity -> More money for Zen -> More candy for us -> And the circle begins again.

8:50 pm BlackHand attacked you and lost.
2008.Aug.04, 05:08 PM

Gornikel Wrote:Purpose should be:

- Recycling un-usable un-sellable or un-used or un-working gangs to profit a bigger and lets hope better lot

- Giving a chance to some players to not loose there whole investments as they could survive in a different form

[b]The goal was never to make a slot price cheaper. And even if it was, it would never be done other than by the smallest of gangs (see possible calculations as per slot value vs half price of merged gang)

Maybe the goal shouldn't be to make slot price cheaper, and if i think at it again it shouldnt be. but if two gangs merge, who will be the president, and what will kepp him from kicking members out of the gang and bring his friends?

Gang slots are expensive indeed, and with the money we get from OC will take very very much to buy them(more PC Zen)

Member of Comunità di Sant'Egidio
2008.Aug.04, 05:10 PM

alinutza Wrote:Maybe the goal shouldn't be to make slot price cheaper, and if i think at it again it shouldnt be. but if two gangs merge, who will be the president, and what will kepp him from kicking members out of the gang and bring his friends?

Just like a real life merger, there is a risk.

Negotiations, trust, payouts, these will be the political terms of the ongoing talks people would have to do in those situations.

Look at Zen's sig. Everything as a price, nothing is free.

And, If you did not realize it, as long as you're not the president of your gang / company, anything can happen to you, always. So be scared now :shock:

8:50 pm BlackHand attacked you and lost.
2008.Aug.04, 05:20 PM

This shouldn't be a loophole to cheaper slot prices. The merger should cost the amount it would take to add that many slots, minus the $ ammt already paid expanding the addon gang, adjusted for gang upgrades (that's its own debate).

Lots of gangs has spent countless millions on expansion. How is it fair to have a big gang spring up for discount prices.
2008.Aug.04, 05:23 PM

That's the issue that always ends this conversation.

Here is the answer. Create a gang point : RL money ratio, and pay off the gangs that have already upgraded. If a change is to be made there has to be a compromise for both parties, and both parties have to be willing to compromise.