to all the self appointed police of al
2008.Oct.26, 10:24 PM

if you donate thousands and your only lvl 13 something is wrong :/
2008.Oct.26, 10:59 PM

PhisheVA Wrote:
Bloodlust Wrote:I asked my friend about Phish's claim cause he is an attorney and in fact Phish is correct in a sense, but that's only on a probation period with the license. Which in turn means he is wrong cause the game has been running over a year so the effect would have already ran out therefore meaning she can do as she sees fit for the better interest of the game. Also I looked up the Califonia business laws and found that any business has the right to deny access or participation to anyone who threatens the interest of the business, that means "chasing away new players".

That would actually be up for a court of law to decide. Each case is different. Good and services that are provided are governed by different rules.

I commend you on your argument, so to be sure I emailed my friend again with what you said and he looked up the topic for me through connections of his. He stated that under California law that in any situation that could possibly hinder the growth of a business the owner (henceforth Zenith) is allowed to take precautions to protect their investment for the better of the good, as follows
1. they can refuse to allow access to any consumer/consumer related issue if they feel the consumer/issue violates their ability to grow
2. they may use justified action to remove the problem if it persists
3. they are justified if the necessary action is in favor of the majority of the consumers.
Also he searched for court cases on these grounds and he could not find any preceding cases that dictated Zenith to be in the wrong.
2008.Oct.26, 11:34 PM

My fantasy football team sucks this year.
2008.Oct.26, 11:47 PM

To follow up on Bloodlust's point, US case law specifically protects a business's right to protect its interests. Here are a couple of real world examples:

In cases in which the patron is not a member of a federally protected class (ie minority), the question becomes as to whether the business's refusal of service was arbitrary, or whether the business had a specific interest in refusing service. For example, in a recent case, a California court decided that a motorcycle club had no discrimination claim against a sports bar that had denied members admission to the bar because they refused to remove their "colors" or patches, which signified club membership. The court held that the refusal of service was not based on the club members' unconventional dress, but was to protect a legitimate business interest in preventing fights between rival club members.

In one more complicated case, a court held that a cemetery could exclude "punk rockers" from a private funeral service. A mother requested that the funeral service for her 17-year old daughter be private and that admission to the service be limited to family and invited guests only. The cemetery failed to exclude punk rockers from the service. The punk rockers arrived in unconventional dress, wearing makeup and sporting various hair colors. One was wearing a dress decorated with live rats. Others wore leather and chains, while others were twirling baton-like weapons, drinking and using cocaine. The punk rockers made rude comments to family members and were generally disruptive of the service.

Ironically, the funeral business had attempted to rely on the Unruh Civil Rights Act, claiming that if they had denied access to the punk rockers, they would have been in violation of the Act. But the court held that the punk rockers' presence had deprived the deceased person's family of the services of the business establishment, which were meant to provide comfort to grieving family members. On that basis, the court stated that the funeral business could have legitimately denied access to the punk rockers.
2008.Oct.26, 11:54 PM

wow i cant believe it got this far, whoever bought up this subject, are you seriously considering bringing zen/err to court? obviously not, so why bring up legal issues? trying to blackmail her? do you think they will unbann the ones you want unbanned?

you should just quit this game.

kick the real world in the sac
2008.Oct.27, 12:23 AM

:: lights up cigar ::

great thread. would read again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2008.Oct.27, 12:41 AM

I'm about ready for Zen to reveal that she is really Donald Trump or Joe Bon Jovi.

8:50 pm BlackHand attacked you and lost.
2008.Oct.27, 12:47 AM

this whole debacle is fascinating.
2008.Oct.27, 12:52 AM

From the thread entitled "Hospitalizations" which is now locked...

Thrillhouse said:
Quote:I'm sure, if hospitalizations could be tracked, which I'm sure they could be, you would find at the top of the list

Shadowguard and his OL, protecting the weak and helpless and engaging in everlasting Vendettas since 2007

That can be statistically verified, see my post that has a Zen annotation on page 5 of this thread. It's in a nice halloweeny orange!
2008.Oct.27, 12:55 AM

Quote:I'm about ready for Zen to reveal that she is really Donald Trump or Joe Bon Jovi.

This would then become the world's most legendary thread.
Thread Closed