to all the self appointed police of al
2008.Oct.26, 06:57 PM

The ID will tell me what type of business this is and then I can better answer your question. CA law is very diverse on the subject of discrimiation in business and this may or may not violate state laws.

Once you get people from other states or countries involved you operate under a whole set of interstate rules, but it always comes back to the state the biz is registered in. In this case CA.

One thing I know is legal precedent and business law. In fact, you might say its my specialty.
2008.Oct.26, 07:12 PM

Make it cool to hosp a player and everyone jumps on the wagon
2008.Oct.26, 07:14 PM

PhisheVA Wrote:The ID will tell me what type of business this is and then I can better answer your question. CA law is very diverse on the subject of discrimiation in business and this may or may not violate state laws.

Once you get people from other states or countries involved you operate under a whole set of interstate rules, but it always comes back to the state the biz is registered in. In this case CA.

One thing I know is legal precedent and business law. In fact, you might say its my specialty.

You know this isn't discrimination, so that doesn't even apply. If you can supply me with the relevant code section of the law we would be violating please post it here for all of the community to see. Since it's your specialty, this should be fairly easy. I'll have our attorney look it over.

I have the right to deny access to anyone I think could be acting in a way that is detrimental to the website or the game. If I did not have this right, then running a business would be impossible.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2008.Oct.26, 07:18 PM

the way i look at it if anybody does not like the way the game is run then go find a game that lets you do whatever you want to anybody you want to, not pointing fingers at anybody with this statement but to the whole community as a whole, nobody forces anybody to log in to awakenedlands, we all do it by choice
2008.Oct.26, 07:27 PM

so whats the diff with g2 hosping players and others doing it?
2008.Oct.26, 07:29 PM

I asked my friend about Phish's claim cause he is an attorney and in fact Phish is correct in a sense, but that's only on a probation period with the license. Which in turn means he is wrong cause the game has been running over a year so the effect would have already ran out therefore meaning she can do as she sees fit for the better interest of the game. Also I looked up the Califonia business laws and found that any business has the right to deny access or participation to anyone who threatens the interest of the business, that means "chasing away new players".
2008.Oct.26, 07:38 PM

This was an awesome read.

[Image: 45921624.thanks.gif]
2008.Oct.26, 07:40 PM

Bloodlust Wrote:I asked my friend about Phish's claim cause he is an attorney and in fact Phish is correct in a sense, but that's only on a probation period with the license. Which in turn means he is wrong cause the game has been running over a year so the effect would have already ran out therefore meaning she can do as she sees fit for the better interest of the game. Also I looked up the Califonia business laws and found that any business has the right to deny access or participation to anyone who threatens the interest of the business, that means "chasing away new players".

That would actually be up for a court of law to decide. Each case is different. Good and services that are provided are governed by different rules.
2008.Oct.26, 08:03 PM

ShadowKid Wrote:Man AL attracts morons.
I have noticed this myself. I think they are drawn to the simplicity of it. Or the fact they can gamble and not have intervensions. Or beat up youngins with no consequences from the local police.
2008.Oct.26, 08:26 PM

Just wanted to say that I <3 the ones protecting us low level nubs from the constant hospitalizations that mostly ruin the game as they are unwaranted 98% of the time. The game may be free but I can't imagine how on earth you could call it that when the only way to play it is by spending many thousands I shouldn't have except through donations to stim my way out of the hospital when I want to play.

As far as the legal issues... I've never heard of a court convicting a store owner that kicks out retards who are causing a scene / disturbing their other customers as often as some seem to be doing.
Thread Closed