about the duel code again.
2006.Oct.08, 08:17 PM

fading3 Wrote:
Druchii Wrote:you will know when its aim is become more stabile. atleast this is what i get out of it. soon i can use my T-350, and now i do much better damage with the T-250
and i also noticed that
if my opponents r tougher,the damage will be less.

That's resistance at work.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2006.Oct.08, 08:21 PM

zenith Wrote:
fading3 Wrote:
Druchii Wrote:you will know when its aim is become more stabile. atleast this is what i get out of it. soon i can use my T-350, and now i do much better damage with the T-250
and i also noticed that
if my opponents r tougher,the damage will be less.

That's resistance at work.

i dont quite agree that
coz my res rating is at 10,ranks 13
some of my opponents' res r lower,their str,acc and dex r also lower than me
and the weapon,yes,mine is better,
their damage was bigger.maybe its because of attributes,just as what druichi said.
if res r so amazing,than why doesnt it work on me?
when ppl use razor whip,i always recieve huge damage,despite of my not-bad-res and the best coat i could buy from store.
2006.Oct.08, 09:45 PM

Please take note what was posted in the newspaper.

Quote:-- Gang wars will take into account the strength of your gang. Players with many members close to their level will benefit, having a ringer will not be factored in.
-- Defenders who are in gangs will have a slight "back-up" modifier. Players attacking gang members on their own or while in a group will be at a slight disadvantage since you are attacking on "the defender's turf". Gang wars however ignore this advantage and follow the previous rule.

There are a lot of variables in combat, too many to place blame on one stat like resistance. I must have misunderstood your post of, "if my opponents are tougher, the damage will be less". Stats are important, but don't forget level and the notes about gangs.

When you attack someone, you are going to their turf. If they are in a gang, they might have a "morale boost" to their stats. This boost is due to many factors. Remember, you are going on your own (even if you are in a gang) to attack a gang member. They will be in their comfort zone while you will be in an area you aren't familiar with.

If you want backup like they get, you'll need to start a war with them. This will give boosts to both sides, but having a much higher level character in a gang might actually lessen this boost since they are considered a "ringer". Who knows, this boost might not even make a difference. But if both sides are evenly matched and somone brings in a ringer, it might help the other gang.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2006.Oct.08, 10:36 PM

zenith Wrote:Please take note what was posted in the newspaper.

Quote:-- Gang wars will take into account the strength of your gang. Players with many members close to their level will benefit, having a ringer will not be factored in.
-- Defenders who are in gangs will have a slight "back-up" modifier. Players attacking gang members on their own or while in a group will be at a slight disadvantage since you are attacking on "the defender's turf". Gang wars however ignore this advantage and follow the previous rule.

There are a lot of variables in combat, too many to place blame on one stat like resistance. I must have misunderstood your post of, "if my opponents are tougher, the damage will be less". Stats are important, but don't forget level and the notes about gangs.

When you attack someone, you are going to their turf. If they are in a gang, they might have a "morale boost" to their stats. This boost is due to many factors. Remember, you are going on your own (even if you are in a gang) to attack a gang member. They will be in their comfort zone while you will be in an area you aren't familiar with.

If you want backup like they get, you'll need to start a war with them. This will give boosts to both sides, but having a much higher level character in a gang might actually lessen this boost since they are considered a "ringer". Who knows, this boost might not even make a difference. But if both sides are evenly matched and somone brings in a ringer, it might help the other gang.

thank you for ur guide!
now i am familiar with the duel system...know it better!
thx a gain.
2006.Oct.08, 11:14 PM

huh, interesting.

what if a level 5 joins a gang comprising 5 level 16s.

sort of like an anti-ringer?
2006.Oct.08, 11:24 PM

oddjob Wrote:huh, interesting.

what if a level 5 joins a gang comprising 5 level 16s.

sort of like an anti-ringer?

the gangmates' level has affect on turf backup?
2006.Oct.08, 11:31 PM

zenith Wrote:If you want backup like they get, you'll need to start a war with them. This will give boosts to both sides, but having a much higher level character in a gang might actually lessen this boost since they are considered a "ringer". Who knows, this boost might not even make a difference. But if both sides are evenly matched and somone brings in a ringer, it might help the other gang.
2006.Oct.08, 11:35 PM

oddjob Wrote:
zenith Wrote:If you want backup like they get, you'll need to start a war with them. This will give boosts to both sides, but having a much higher level character in a gang might actually lessen this boost since they are considered a "ringer". Who knows, this boost might not even make a difference. But if both sides are evenly matched and somone brings in a ringer, it might help the other gang.

got it. Biggrin
2006.Oct.08, 11:35 PM

The benefits are greatest when players are close in levels. They don't have to be the same level, but the closer the better.

The anti-ringer wouldn't help the higher levels at all. In fact, it will slightly diminish their bonus. The anti-ringer would benefit however, but every player has a limit to the moral boost. You can't make some level 1 as strong as a level 10 for instance. Since the anti-ringer's level so far removed from the average gang members, their bonus might be unnoticeable.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2006.Oct.08, 11:39 PM

zenith Wrote:The benefits are greatest when players are close in levels. They don't have to be the same level, but the closer the better.

The anti-ringer wouldn't help the higher levels at all. In fact, it will slightly diminish their bonus. The anti-ringer would benefit however, but every player has a limit to the moral boost. You can't make some level 1 as strong as a level 10 for instance. Since the anti-ringer's level so far removed from the average gang members, their bonus might be unnoticeable.

can ppl in hospital boost the morale thing?