Poll: should we get one
yes
no
[Show Results]

25 credit refresh day
2008.Jul.10, 09:02 AM

i hope you realize that i'm probably an "old member" compared to you, and i never experienced these magical 25 credit refreshes. did you TRY reading what zenith said about that already? IT WAS LAST USED MID 2006 BEFORE MANY OF US JOINED, and all the prime users of it have QUIT.

your argument makes no sense, especially considering zenith already told us that
2008.Jul.10, 09:03 AM

where is this

http://www.whodatjunkie.com
2008.Jul.10, 09:04 AM

zenith
Posted: Jul 09 2008 20:15 Reply with quote
Game Creator Admin Zenith Userid: 2 Level: 17
AL Admins
bigchaz wrote:
all you old guys got tons of bonuses with 25 credits refresh Crying or Very sad wish i was here for that

This got me thinking... who benefited the most from the 25-cred energy refresh.

Last time 25 credits per refresh was :
September 24th, 2006 at 11:44:38 pm

I did a quick search through the logs to see how many times it was used and I get 1,797 times. 90% of those uses are between Casanova, DarkTemplar, and Beelzebub. The only issue here is back then it wasn't used for stats. The tactic back then was leveling, so energy was used to attack. The players to use it most for stats was Beelzebub followed by LostAngel. Comparing them to today's players of similar level and I'd have to say the old-schoolers would be torn to shreds.

Some more tidbits from back then...
Gym days never existed.
Gym trainers never existed.
Trains were LESS than they are now on average by at least 10%.
The best full train back then ever was 54.6912 (64 energy).
The best stat in the game was 12,388 dev points (I believe stat ratings didn't come in until after).
Highest endurance was 1,661.7 dev points.
Highest level was 22 by 3 people (1 retired).
Only 5 players were level 20 or higher (2 retired).
Only 43 players were level 10 or higher.
Assault Rifles were just introduced and no one could use them yet.
Best armor in the game was the Secure-Coat Longcoat.
No one had better than the Ranch (Casanova retired and sold his house).
There were 19 gangs.
We had 136 players logging in each day.
We had 6 players who had donated more than $50.

SHE WAS RESPONDING TO YOU. READ MORE PLEASE
2008.Jul.10, 09:04 AM

Edit: Poptart beat me to it. Now please stop your bitching about this as it wasn't in place when almost all of us started playing.

"Do you see what happens, Larry? Do you see what happens when you fuck a stranger in the ass?! This is what happens, Larry! This is what happens when you fuck a stranger in the ass! "
2008.Jul.10, 10:41 AM

The reason I want it only for attacks is that higher level members spend a lot more credits to fill up the EP and only to receive the same amounts of attacks.

I really wish there could be an own credit price for buying attacks, that was the same for everyone. Like 10 credits for 1 attack.

Key to success: "Dress everyday like you're gonna get murdered in those clothes.
2008.Jul.10, 10:56 AM

http://www.awakenedlands.com/forums/view...php?t=2130

Here, it's not that we never tried in the past.
2008.Jul.10, 01:59 PM

Imagine the AL landscape with one 25-credit energy refresh day.

A level 1 player with 100 bucks uses it all on refreshes.
A level 30 player with 20 bucks uses it all on refreshes.
Assume both players have 1 endurance and a cardboard box to sleep in.

Who is going to be raking in the insane development point gains? I seriously don't think the level 1 will be able to keep pace with a level 30 on a 25-credit energy refresh day in terms of stat gains because they have more energy. In other words no one will be catching anyone.

The strongest players in the game don't miss special days. They will take full advantage of such a refresh day, and in the end pull further ahead.

My conclusion is the idea of a 25-credit energy refresh day gives the players everyone is trying to catch the advantage. Probably not the result that was intended when this topic came up.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2008.Jul.10, 02:18 PM

One way for low level to catch up is Gymboree Day with a SUPER DONATOR Pack, cost $100 Times (Number of Levels) with an addition of 5000 for every increment of 10 levels.

This Pack give you an addition of 1 energy refresh rate. This Pack + regular donator pack would definitely give the lower player a day to catch up. Twisted

As such...

Level 1 - Cost 100 for this pack
Level 5 - Cost 500
Level 9 - Cost 900
Level 10 - Cost 6000 for this pack
Level 15 - Cost 6500
Level 20 - Cost 12000 for this pack
Level 50 - Cost 25000 for this packs

Amend
2008.Jul.10, 02:28 PM

ZeonOne Wrote:One way for low level to catch up is Gymboree Day with a SUPER DONATOR Pack, cost $100 Times (Number of Levels) with an addition of 5000 for every increment of 10 levels.

This Pack give you an addition of 1 energy refresh rate. This Pack + regular donator pack would definitely give the lower player a day to catch up. Twisted

As such...

Level 5 - Cost 500
Level 9 - Cost 900
Level 15 - Cost 6500

Why don't you have Zen just give level 50 skills while your at it?

Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass
2008.Jul.10, 02:31 PM

Canosoup Wrote:
ZeonOne Wrote:One way for low level to catch up is Gymboree Day with a SUPER DONATOR Pack, cost $100 Times (Number of Levels) with an addition of 5000 for every increment of 10 levels.

As such...

Level 5 - Cost 500
Level 9 - Cost 900
Level 15 - Cost 6500

Why don't you have Zen just give level 50 skills while your at it?

How would a level 50 Skills help low player catch up to the older player in stats? Please enlighten me.

Amend